Converting VOB file problems

hey all i have many big videos on my hard drive in VOB format and need to change their format to any of the main ones (AVI most likely…) and also joiner the files together. i have many video programs to do so but they all have little problems. what i can do at the moment is convert the VOB video to avi (or any format) with any video converter and some free other free one i downloaded today. BUT for some reason with most but not all my VOB files it gets the timing off set with the video and audio :a which is extremely annoying. does any one know what i can do to stop this or another freeware program that might not do this??? :confused:

by the way i have a file joiner that can join only avi and if a new program converts to a different format ill need a new freeware joiner.

thanks heaps for just bothering to read this! but u help would be great

Try AviDemux…It has an audio Shift(ms) tool…Use it to sync video and audio…It can also be used for most, if not all of what you need “at the moment”…

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviDemux

I don’t know for audio problem…

but [B][U]this[/U][/B] one you can use to join…or even convert while joining
all formats are supported

hey thanks that program seems good, but cant get it to work the freaking sound out to well :a i might keep playing around with it but if anyone has some more freeware programs to do what i want i would like to try em out.

[QUOTE=mytechgroup;2257053]I don’t know for audio problem…

but [B][U]this[/U][/B] one you can use to join…or even convert while joining
all formats are supported[/QUOTE]

Great Program, sad it doesnt work with VOB.

Now, I’m in pretty deep water. My algebra teacher just asked me to create a video about pi, and she wants me to use some movie clips to tie it in, only problem is… I CAN’T CONVERT THE .VOB FILES!!! Please help me! I just downloaded Avidemux 2.4, but it won’t work. Is there anything else I can try to convert them???

P.S. I also need to convert .bup files.

What do you want to convert the VOB file(s) to?..

Like t0nee1 if I knew what you wanted to convert the .vob’s too I could be more help.Since I don’t I suggest Format Factory.
http://www.formatoz.com/