Converting VHS to DVD

Hi,

I have a pioneer DVR-540H, and i am trying to convert my videos to dvd’s. but when i try to do this on some videos it says they are copy protected, therefore won’t let me record it. How do allow my machine to copy these copy protected videos?

The easiest way is to get a sima dvd digital video duplicator if you can find one. They use to be about $70. The other thing is to buy a Lite-On LVW-5005 DVD recorder and hack it for MV. (copy protection) There is a lot of information on how to do this on this site if you take the time to read it. That is what I did and I am able to save all of my old VHS tapes on to DVD’s. I have a Lite-On LVW-5005x hacked and I also own a Sima that I got from Tiger Direct for about $70. Let us know how you make out.
Good Luck
DR. PAUL

What to you think of this web-site, is this the right product and is it the cheapest that you can get it.

http://www.world-import.com/ct-200.htm

Regards,
Spaceman

I don’t know where you’re located but BestBuy has it for $100 so you’ve got a great price (watch out for shipping).

I’ve always used a capture card but CDF members think very highly of the Sima product.

I live in New Zealand

You need to have SIMA “Video Enhancer” SIMA-1 or -2 or better -200 to be connected between the Output of VHS and Input of DVD of your Pioneer. I have alsmost the same Recorder (Pioneer DVR R500) and have the SIMA connected and works like charm.