Converting to Ipod version not working

vbimport

I have converted only 1 movie for my Ipod. I have a registered version DVDFab Gold 5 .

The first one work.

The others I have tried appeared to convert, but when I go to load them on my Ipod I get a file not found. They play in iTunes but have a blue dot beside them.

I’m confused.

Hi Maverick69 and welcome,

The “blue dot” simply means the file (movie in this case) has not been played yet.

So are the files actually in iTunes or are you simply playing the files with Quicktime?
Are you certain after loading the files into iTunes, the files are still on the hdd in the original location, ie., the same file path as when originally loaded into iTunes?

You shouldn’t receive the error message…“file not found” on the Ipod, but rather in iTunes. The Ipod will sync automatically or manually depending on how you configured iTunes, but afaik, you can’t prompt the Ipod to look for a file.
The Ipod will only sync with what iTunes tells it.
What I’m trying to say here is that it is iTunes that determines the proper file location and what is actually sync’d, not your Ipod.

Please delete a file (movie) from your iTunes and then load it into iTunes again. Then plug your Ipod into your pc, sync it with iTunes and attempt to play it on your Ipod.

Let us know what happens.

Here’s the message I’m receiving . I have done exactly everything the same as the first one I did.

“Fool’s Gold.DVD.Rip” was not copied because the video format is not supported by the Ipod.

It’s the same as my first one. Under properties they both are listed a MPEG-4 files.

???

[QUOTE=Maverick69;2142856]Here’s the message I’m receiving . I have done exactly everything the same as the first one I did.

“Fool’s Gold.DVD.Rip” was not copied because the video format is not supported by the Ipod.

It’s the same as my first one. Under properties they both are listed a MPEG-4 files.

???[/QUOTE]
You may have "done exactly everything the same as the first one ", but it sounds like the “problem file” has exceeded at least one of the parameters for play on your Ipod…such as the bitrate or frame resolution.
I’d look to this first.

Well, I hope you can help with this . I converted another factory DVD and it worked. When I convert a movie I recorded on my DVR , I have the problem.

What should I be set at ?

Thanks in advance.