Converting music that I bought from wav to mp3

Just wanted to say what’s up and that I am new to this forum. I am not really sure where to post this, couldn’t really find any info on my problem so here it goes. I just started downloading music from musicmatch at 99 cents a song. I was on Itunes but I have a RCA Lyra mp3 player that came with musicmatch software and I also like the setup of musicmatch so I eventually converted. I read through a lot of the information and found out that once you pay for a song it is yours as long as you don’t share it, If that is so then why can’t I download the songs that I bought off of musicmatch to my mp3 player(that freaking came with musicmatch software)or convert the format. I tried to find the answer and what I came up with is that 1st, musicmatchs’ songs are wav files and they are also protected in some way. My question is, is there any way I can convert the copywrited musicmatch downloads from wav to mp3. I am not doing anything illegal, just trying to make the songs(that I paid money for) play on my mp3 player. For some reason the RCA Lyra only plays mp3 format. I paid around 130.00 for the player and would like to find a legal way to download playable music. Any suggestions??

found out that once you pay for a song it is yours as long as you don’t share it

The song is never yours nor is the data or the format it was presented in. You have bought a license to listen to it in a close personal environment.

If that is so then why can’t I download the songs that I bought off of musicmatch to my mp3 player(that freaking came with musicmatch software)or convert the format

Becuase of Digital Rights Management. " They " want you to keep your amount of copies to " just one ".

I tried to find the answer and what I came up with is that 1st, musicmatchs’ songs are wav files and they are also protected in some way.

Yup , DRM.

My question is, is there any way I can convert the copywrited musicmatch downloads from wav to mp3.

There are tools that can get rid of the DRM inside a file , but DRM itself is also protected. So you’re not allowed to

I am not doing anything illegal, just trying to make the songs(that I paid money for) play on my mp3 player.

Unfortunately under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act , you actuall are doing something illegal if you remove the DRM from a file.

Any suggestions??

All i can say is " Google is your friend ". Unfortunately rules prohibit me from helping you further.

Thanks for the info, looks like the online (legal) music isn’t all its cracked up to be, at least not in my case.