Converting movies with DVD Fab to play on my Blackberry Bold

HELP! This may have already been asked, but since I couldn’t find a search feature, there was no way for me to know. So if it has, I apologize in advance. I’m having a terrible time converting a movie and getting it to play on my blackberry bold using DVD fab. I know it can be done cause I know of people who have used that program to do it. My memory card is sufficient, but I don’t know what format to convert it to since there isn’t a Blackberry specific one. I tried doing PDA but it still isn’t working properly. PLEASE HELP!

What type of files does the blackberry play? Most players can play MP4 and MOV files you just need to set it to convert the way you need it for the Blackberry. You’ll need to have DVD Fab with the mobile option to do these. I have DVD Fab Platinum.

My phone can play the Ipod format and I use these settings

IPod Settings for Phone Video in HTC 8525
15 - 25 FPS
175 - 200 Bitrate
32 kbs audio
320x240 size

These work good for my situation. I suggest you look in your phones manual. They usually tell you what type of video your unit will play and the optimal Frams Per Second, Bit Rate etc that you should use in your files conversion.

If you don’t have the manual for your phone this information should be available at the MFG’s website.

[quote=scrambler0100;2243217]What type of files does the blackberry play? Most players can play MP4 and MOV files you just need to set it to convert the way you need it for the Blackberry. You’ll need to have DVD Fab with the mobile option to do these. I have DVD Fab Platinum.

My phone can play the Ipod format and I use these settings

IPod Settings for Phone Video in HTC 8525
15 - 25 FPS
175 - 200 Bitrate
32 kbs audio
320x240 size

These work good for my situation. I suggest you look in your phones manual. They usually tell you what type of video your unit will play and the optimal Frams Per Second, Bit Rate etc that you should use in your files conversion.

If you don’t have the manual for your phone this information should be available at the MFG’s website.[/quote]There is at least one Blackberry profile in DVDFab’s Mobile option, not sure which exact BB it was made for but it would probably work. I posted one somewhere in here a couple of months ago for the Storm. I have attached it here. Download it to the profiles folder and change the file suffix to XML from TXT.

In the future, post questions/problems about Mobile in the Mobile sub-forum.

cellphone.BBerryStorm.txt (970 Bytes)

Signals -

I tried the your BB Storm profile on the bold with mixed results. BB recommends the following profile for the BB 9000 (Bold). It’s based on the IPOD profile with some minor tweaks.

Recommended video format for local playback
MP4 Video, MPEG4, Advance Simple Profile, 480x320 pixels, up to 1500 kbps, 24 frames per second

Audio: AAC-LC

FYI - I am currently testing my own custom DVDFab profile for the bold (from the one that I co-developed for the Curve) which I will publish when I work out all of the kinks.

Follow this link for more details: http://tiny.cc/f7g4S

• Shootz

Hi SB
The Blackberry profile that’s in DVDFab already has iPod-like specs, not sure if they are
exactly the same as what you posted, but it generates a MPEG-4+AAC MP4 file. “Shoot” me a PM with a link when you post the one you are working on. Post it in the Mobile sub-forum.

Will do. The Bold has such a nice screen, so I am messing with the best bitrate and screen sizes. I should have something shortly. Like you said it’s a modified IPOD profile.

For whatever reason the .h264 BB Storm profile crashes my Bold when videos are played on it (intermittently) forcing a reboot of the entire phone.

I will post my Bold profile in the mobile forum what I am done.

Best,

• Shootz

The bitrate may be too high. My son says his Storm randomly crashes about once a day anyway.

From what I read the BB Storm has issues.

The Bold, not so much.

hi,

I have send a user profile for Strom, but the user not reply me, please try this profile and hope your result.

please remove “.txt” and try it.

I create this profile by the Blackberry tech doc.

blackberry.storm.mp4.h264.aac.xml.txt (874 Bytes)