Turntable / Builtin turntable
Some kind of signal converter (amplifier), an amp or a receiver is fine
rca (male) to 3.5mm plug (male)
~1gb free space per side
Use what you like, I prefer Goldwave 4.26
- Connect the cable from a connector on the amp/receiver named Rec Out (Tape 1/2) to line-in on your soundcard.
- Set line-in as recording device in Volume Control, adjust levels (set the slider around the middle).
- Open Goldwave and create a new file (about 40 mins) in CD-quality.
- Play a track on the turntable and press the rec button in Goldwave.
- Check the VU-meters, they should be around the yellow/orange area and not go below the light green or be near the red area. If not, adjust the volume slider in Volume Control.
- Record one side and then cut out each track using the left and right mouse button and save using Cpy2 button.
Before saving you might want to adjust the volume on your track, Effects --> Volume --> Maximize (Increases volume as high as possible without distortion (i.e. normalizes the volume)).