Converting DVD to audio

I bought Beside You In Time (Nine Inch Nails) a year ago, and I just can’t get over how bad ass the music is compared to their albums… I copied the entire DVD’s contents to my computer, and I’d like to somehow convert it to audio so I can listen to it while I surf the web and play video games.

How do I do this?

[QUOTE=Lxxv;1988304]I bought Beside You In Time (Nine Inch Nails) a year ago, and I just can’t get over how bad ass the music is compared to their albums… I copied the entire DVD’s contents to my computer, and I’d like to somehow convert it to audio so I can listen to it while I surf the web and play video games.

How do I do this?[/QUOTE]

Try AoA Audio Extractor… :wink:

But you will need to rename the VOBs to MPEGs.

Do you mean a simple right lick rename process? No encoding?

And for the love of GOD please tell me I don’t have to buy some other fekking 30-60 dollar license for some damn backup program!~

[B]@Lxxv:[/B] Do you want some help or not? More of that attitude will result in considerably less advice from the members here.

If you want a one-click solution then you’ll probably have to pay; yes. Otherwise, and if you don’t mind doing some of the work yourself:

[ol]
[li]Extract chapter or song from DVD using DVD Decrypter (free) in IFO mode with stream processing turned on and the audio stream selected.
[/li][li]Find the saved .mp2 audio file and decode to a .wav file with LAME
[/li][li]Then do what you want with it: burn to CD, or re-encode to .mp3 using LAME again, and play in WinAmp or whatever.
[/li][/ol]

In the case of the VOB, yes a simple right click and rename will be sufficient. AoA Audio Extractor can see it if it’s an MPEG file extention but not if it stays as a VOB extention.

Also, you could re-copy that entire DVD as a single VOB by setting DVDShrink to copy it as one file, then rename that single VOB to an MPEG, and then convert with AoA Audio Extractor.

AoA Audio Extractor…Free
DVD Shrink…Free

;):p:bigsmile:

Sorry, dude, I was taking a swing at something called “humor.” I wasn’t trying to offend anyone.

Thanks for the help!

BTW… Another way to seperate individual songs on that DVD as imkidd57 was stating, is to DVDShrink in re-author mode, using the Start/End function, and extracting each particular song as a seperate file. Then rename to MPEG and extract the audio with AoA… :wink:

[QUOTE=Lxxv;1988644]Sorry, dude, I was taking a swing at something called “humor.” I wasn’t trying to offend anyone.

Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

LMAO… In a weird way… I got it… Don’t know what that says about me… :bigsmile::stuck_out_tongue:

Or just fire up Audacity (free) and play the DVD. :cool:

[quote=Lxxv;1988644]Sorry, dude, I was taking a swing at something called “humor.” I wasn’t trying to offend anyone.[/quote][quote=MBK;1988647]LMAO… In a weird way… I got it… Don’t know what that says about me… :bigsmile::p[/quote]Probably says more about me :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

OK guys if you’re fine about it… apologies from me and let’s carry on… :slight_smile:

You can convert it to audio using PgcDemux. Then BeLight to convert it to WAV.

AoA Audio Extractor is pretty easy guys… powerful, yet simple to use.

Thank you all so much, I got it! It’s not separated… just can’t do that, only made a few 30 min tracks (even with dvd shrink), but hey… I don’t care. ;o

By the way, if anyone had any -slight- interest in NIN, it’s worth it. No wonder this DVD was on the top charts for so long. It’s just simply fantastic. Best purchase I ever made in the musical DVD dept.

If any of you wanna know what I’m talking about, buy the “Beside You In Time” DVD from Amazon or w/e you prefer; it’s totally amazing!

Thanks for all the help you guys! This site f’in rocks!

[quote=imkidd57;1988355][B]@Lxxv:[/B] Do you want some help or not? More of that attitude will result in considerably less advice from the members here.

If you want a one-click solution then you’ll probably have to pay; yes. Otherwise, and if you don’t mind doing some of the work yourself:

[ol]
[li]Extract chapter or song from DVD using DVD Decrypter (free) in IFO mode with stream processing turned on and the audio stream selected.[/li][li]Find the saved .mp2 audio file and decode to a .wav file with LAME[/li][li]Then do what you want with it: burn to CD, or re-encode to .mp3 using LAME again, and play in WinAmp or whatever.[/ol][/quote][/li]

I agree but with one little addition:
After step 1, but before step 2:
Click on TOOLS>SETTINGS>IFO MODE (tab),
on left-hand side, where it says: OPTIONS>FILE SPLITTING:
click on drop-down & change to ‘BY CHAPTER’.
This is just a preference, NOT a necessity. This way, when I convert the MPEGS to .WAV’s, I burn them in order with no gaps between the tracks (I use Nero).
I like a CD that is seemless between the songs, but I can still skip to any song (track-used to be chapter) that I want. Gives it a more professional feel. :iagree:

[QUOTE=Lxxv;1988304]I bought Beside You In Time (Nine Inch Nails) a year ago, [B]and I just can’t get over how bad ass the music is compared to their albums… [/B]I copied the entire DVD’s contents to my computer, and I’d like to somehow convert it to audio so I can listen to it while I surf the web and play video games.

How do I do this?[/QUOTE]

Then what is the idea behind making a backup of it???

You must have misunderstood my meaning. I bought the DVD of a live concert of NIN. Their live music is much more pleasing to me than their studio album music. Therefore, I was asking how I take the audio from this video and convert to a CD, which I have already successfully done. Now I can listen to the audio in my car without having to watch the movie.

</end>

Yeah, that makes it clear.

BTW, check out nin.com for their new (free) releases.