Converting dvd -r to dvd +r

Hello,
Looking for advice/help. I own a samsung dvd/vhs machine. I tried to copy vhs tapes to dvd and learned i needed dvd -r discs to do that. My computer uses +r. I transferred the vhs to dvd and it plays in that unit. when i tried it in another dvd player it will not recognize the disc. I gave it to someone else to use (the dvds are instructional dvds) and they couldnt use it either. It will not play on my computer either. what do i do?? I am assuming i need to transfer it on to dvd +r discs in order to use it.

Lynn

Did you finalize the disc? Unless your PCs drive is brain dead or doesn’t like -R, or a particular brand disc, it should not matter whether it’s +R or -R on PC… [I]Perhaps[/I] your Sammy unit failed to create/author a compliant DVD, and or it was not finalized…
Put the disc in the drive and right-click>explore,and tell us what you see (i.e VIDEO_TS etc…I would recommend that next time you try a DVD+RW, so you could re-use it, just in case…

thanks = that was the issue = dvds were not finalized. As soon as i figured out how to do that i did it and the dvds worked no problem . thanks for your help.

Lynn