I’ve decided I’m tired of swapping out DVDs in the player. Therefore I’m converting all my DVDs to a digital library.
This is what I’m thinking and need your expertise.
- Using an Apple Mac Mini with 3 - 1.5TB drives connected via USB 2.0
- Converting and ripping DVDs using AnyDVD straight to the external HDs
- Using Plex media software on the Mac Mini for management and playback
- All DVDs are non-Blue Ray
- Is AnyDVD the right software to rip to an external HD i.e. loss of quality?
- Is Plex media (http://www.plexapp.com/) the best media management and playback solution for the Apple?
It’s an easy process. I’m using my PC with AnyDVD to rip the DVDs. Then file transfer to the external HDs on the Mac Mini. Plex Media s/w does a great job managing the movies.
Thanks for any advice!!