Converting a song to a ringtone for a cell phone

I have taken a pretty good look around the site (good job btw) and I can’t seem to find an answer to the problem that I am having.

I have a cell phone (Samsung model T809) through T-Mobile. The phone has an mp3 player in it and I can easily load any of my songs into it. My problem is this, I cannot clip a song into a ringtone length and apply it as a ringtone. I contacted Samsung and they say that the phone is fully capable of this function, but that my service provider is going to an effort to block me from doing it. So in turn I contacted T-Mobile and they told me this…

I can only use DRM forward lock to play mp3 content as a ring tone. I am not able to utilize ringtones transfered by mass storage with MSD (T-/memory card) or even by using PCStudio 3 (the software that came with my phone). The T-Mobile ring tones (that I have to pay $1.99 for) are coded with this copy protection built in.

I am not computer illiterate, but I can’t figure out what I have to do to get a self made ringtone to work in my phone. I can’t justify paying two dollars for 15 seconds of a song… it just doesn’t make sense when I should be able to create my own.

Is there anyone that can help me out with this? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I was able to load ringtones by getting help from this site…: