Convertin' VOB file to MPEG-4

Hey,
I have a four-wheeler video in VOB file. I want to be able to edit it(just take out the boring parts to make it smaller), and make it into an MPEG-4.
I don’t know much about video editting and am not sure which program or programs to use.
I have the DVD on my HD already just need to know how to change formats.(is this called transcoding? :confused: ) Thanks.

-fire

You would get a REAL mpeg2 stream to edit out something properly or use a transcoding package to convert the dvd to mpeg4 (there are various mpeg4 formats).

Have a look at videohelp.com and doom9.org

Personally I would do the following:

1. Convert it to Mpeg 4 (aka Divx/Xvid/etc) using DVDX (audio as you choose).

After conversion.
2) Use “Virtual Dub”, select the first point, and the last point of the part you want & save. Repeat this until you have every part that you want. It would help to name them “1,2,3,4,5” respectively :slight_smile:

1. In virtual dub, Load Part 1, Append part 2, part 3, part 4 … and so on :slight_smile:
    Then save the file as a complete avi :slight_smile:

If you want only delete some parts of video and you have vob files, is not necessary to do any conversion. You can use a DVD authoring software to delete any parts of video you want. An example is TMPGEnc DVD Author.

ty for the quick responses, hopefully I can get this working! thanks again.

-fire