Convert to Quicktime, Realmedia, WinMedia

vbimport

I would like to convert my 50 minute DVD (DVD decrypter File or ISO) to quicktime, realmedia, and windows media player files. How can I do this for free?

Thanks for any reply

Yag…that may be difficult to do.

Try Googling “QuickTime encoder,” “Realmedia encoder”, etc and see what programs you find that does these conversion. Personally, I am not aware of a single program that can convert your DVD files into these formats. You may have to have two or more programs for the task.

Also, I know each program (QuickTime, Real Player, and Windows Media Player) has a built-in function to convert files into their formats. You may need to first convert your DVD files into an intermediate, like .mpg or .avi.

Windows Media Player offers their encoder software for free. You can download it by following the link provided. I’ve never used it myself, so I don’t know if it can accept DVD files as an input directly. If it doesn’t, you may have to convert into an intermediate, as stated above. Please let me know how it goes…

Also, why do you want to convert to these formats? If you’re looking for small file size and good quality, then I would strongly suggest considering the DivX/Xvid format. These formats really do “hit the sweet spot” between quality and file size. Anyway, just a suggestion.

I want to encode my video in popular formats for download off my website. The video services charge an arm and a leg.

Well, Windows Media is covered. Now all you have to find is encoders for QuickTime and Real Media! Good luck.