Convert to generic with Dvd Platinum Question

vbimport

I want to create a 700mb avi, but it always comes out larger like 705mb. I offset the cd size in options to accomplish this, like 697mb and it still comes out over 700mb.
I am doing two pass and it takes a long time to convert, only to find out it was a waste.
Any rule of thumb here.

Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there’s no rule of thumb, because the program cannot know all the characteristics of the original file to allow an accurate estimation.

Why is it a “waste”: does the file have to be strictly below 700 MB?

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2104098]Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there’s no rule of thumb, because the program cannot know all the characteristics of the original file to allow an accurate estimation.

Why is it a “waste”: does the file have to be strictly below 700 MB?[/QUOTE]Yes, in order to burn it to a cd.
Thanks.

Did you try and burn it? There may be a difference in the way that DVD Fab calculates, compared to the burning software (eg MB versus MiB).

Otherwise choose a target value that’s a lot less, like 680 MB or something.

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2104108]Did you try and burn it? There may be a difference in the way that DVD Fab calculates, compared to the burning software (eg MB versus MiB).

Otherwise choose a target value that’s a lot less, like 680 MB or something.[/QUOTE]Yes I tried to burn it with 2 programs and even 702 mb is too large.
I guess I will have to experiment, and reduce the size a little more as you have suggested.
Thanks.