Convert MP4 video files to ISO | Best software

vbimport

Forgive the noob question, if it seems like that!

Moderators, I hope I have posted in the correct forum.

I have a bunch of short mp4 files (youtube videos converted to mp4 by the DVDsoft software).

I would like to put this collection of mp4 files on a DVD, so that these can be watched while on road trips by the kids (yes yes, these videos are the kid-friendly type!)

My basic knowledge tells me to:

1. convert mp4 to .ISO
  2. Use imgburn -build mode to burn ISOs onto DVD.

For 2. I am ok using Imgburn.

It is point 1. that I am stuck on.

Any ideas/suggestions?

:cool:

RJNJC ;I guess my first question is will the DVD unit you will be using the disc in play .mp4s?
2.Which DVDsoft software ?

What I posted below is if they are still .mp4s.
This is what you are asking IMGBurn to do.Only it doesn’t work.I doubt your player will play it.
If it will then put all the .mp4s in their own folder.Give the sequentcial numbers in thier name 01 - name.mp4, 02- name.mp4, 03- name.mp4 and so on.
In build mode browse for a source folder.Build the .ISO from the folder to your HD.Then write the .mds to disc with IMGBurn.

Here is a way to do it where it will work.This won’t list each .mp4 but on my set top I can “chapter” through it with the Chapter foward & reverse.
Put the .mp4s you are going to use up to the amount the disc will hold.In VSO DIVXToDVD as source file.Destination Folder
A empty folder on your HD.I would just leave Aspect & Standard Automatic unless you want something else.Select Convert.Then use IMGBurn like you would on any DVD folder.Of course the.mp4s are now .vobs
If you want a menu you can take the .vobs from the converted file & run it through a menu creating program like DVDStyler.
Then you can have Chapter buttons on a menu screen.
This post has a software that is supposed to put .mp3’s on a DVD disc .I haven’t use it so it’s not an endorsement.Just thought you might look at it.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f3/goland-audio-dvd-creator-242186/
I have posted in another topic a method to put .mp3’s to CD -R they work on a lot of settop DVD players & car stereo disc players that play .mp3’s. A CD -R will hold approx. 8 commercial CD’s converted to .mp3 192 kbps bitrate.

[quote=cholla;2034251]RJNJC ;I guess my first question is will the DVD unit you will be using the disc in play .mp4s?
2.Which DVDsoft software ?

[/quote]

A1:
No i dont expect it will play the mp4 files. Thats why in my post above under my point1. I have suggested that I would need to convert the mp4 to an .ISO and then use imgburn to burn to a DVD.

A2:
Sorry. I meant DVDVideoSoft: Linked at > Free YouTube iPod Video Converter: flv to mp4, YouTube to iPod

:cool:

RJNJC ;I haven’t used the DVDVideoSoft but from a quick look it converts to video for an Ipod.
Do you know the video scale size 640:480 for example & aspect 16:9 for example?
I think VSO DivxToDVD will convert to the original size.If that is too small the you will need to use a converter like Super first.

As I posted above if you do an .ISO with IMGBurn The resulting .iso will contain the mp4 files .There will be no conversion.You will only see an.iso & .mds file from the build.Then when you use IMGBurn to write the .mds or .iso to disc the mp4’s will be what you see when you open the disc on your computer.

QUOTE=cholla;2034251]Here is a way to do it where it will work.This won’t list each .mp4 but on my set top I can “chapter” through it with the Chapter foward & reverse.
Put the .mp4s you are going to use up to the amount the disc will hold.In VSO DIVXToDVD as source file.Destination Folder
A empty folder on your HD.I would just leave Aspect & Standard Automatic unless you want something else.Select Convert.
Then use IMGBurn like you would on any DVD folder.Of course the.mp4s are now .vobs
If you want a menu you can take the .vobs from the converted file & run it through a menu creating program like DVDStyler.
Then you can have Chapter buttons on a menu screen.
QUOTE]
The conversion will take a while.
The use IMGBurn in build mode build an .iso from the standard VIDEO_TS folder.Then in write mode burn the .iso to disc.