Convert MP4 to mp3

vbimport

How do I convert MP4 to MP3??? - OR - is there another way to burn MP4’s to a disc that will play on my MP3 player?

Oppps
I have an hp 1.7gz pentium 4 with an SD mobo and 1.3 gig of ram. An atapi (generic) cd burner and Sony DDL DVD burner. I’m running windows xp service pack 3. Software is Nero 6.

coolcolors,…

I don’t know what kind of cd burner I have. I transfered it from my old machine to this one about a year ago. I looked all over for an indication of manufacturer and the only thing i saw was ‘atapi’. When i search from system tools,… it shows up as ‘atapi’

I’m trying to ‘back-up’ music CD’s. I have no problem with the dvd’s. I can copy them fine.

I copied a bunch of cd’s to my hard drive and my ex-wife has the originals. I copied them with the help of ‘i-tunes’. They are all mp4’s and are copy protected. I can play them on my computer but i want to burn them to mp3’s i can take with me.

I’m looking for a mp4 - mp3 converter (if such a critter exists)

I don’t know about ‘op’ problems,… I thought this forum was for ‘copy issues’ . If i’m in the wrong forum, I appologize.

3M-TA3

[QUOTE=3M-TA3;2026060]coolcolors,…

I don’t know what kind of cd burner I have. I transfered it from my old machine to this one about a year ago. I looked all over for an indication of manufacturer and the only thing i saw was ‘atapi’. When i search from system tools,… it shows up as ‘atapi’

I’m trying to ‘back-up’ music CD’s. I have no problem with the dvd’s. I can copy them fine.

I copied a bunch of cd’s to my hard drive and my ex-wife has the originals. I copied them with the help of ‘i-tunes’. They are all mp4’s and are copy protected. I can play them on my computer but i want to burn them to mp3’s i can take with me.

I don’t know about ‘op’ problems,… I thought this forum was for ‘copy issues’ . If i’m in the wrong forum, I appologize.

3M-TA3[/QUOTE]

Nothing is wrong it’s that it’s easier to go at one problem at a time before jumping onto another problem. That makes everyone that is trying to solve or give solution to one issue at a time and not confusing the OP or users trying to assist the OP. But we are all here to help each person have varying degrees of experiences that comes in handy for hard to solve issues or problems.

Originally Posted by 3M-TA3
coolcolors,…

I originally posted this in the forum labeled ‘copy issues’,… as I understood the reply,… I was conflicting with an ‘op’ issue,… WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ‘OP’???

Other problems,… other people??? I can only guess,…

I don’t know where to go to post the question,… soooo, I’ll try just plain old ‘help’.
3M-TA3

The original problem is that i transfered a bunch of cd’s to my hard drive.

My ex-wife has the originals.

I used i-tunes to do the transfer and they are mp4’s
(protected, of course)

I would like to burn them as mp3’s for portability.

How can I transcode mp4 to mp3.
what’s the best way to do it?
3M-TA3

[B]@3M-TA3:[/B] please just keep all your questions in the same thread. Putting them in someone else’s is not helping the forum to run properly, is called ‘thread hi-jacking’, and is not allowed on CD Freaks.

Two posts merged with the original thread, and a new one created from that.

SUPER © can probably convert them… :wink: MP4 into MP3s

Super c,… THANX