Convert iso to dvd then back to disc?

I have an .iso file which is a disc image. It is actually a software program that I burn to a disc using Toast. Then when I put in the burned disc, the auto installer of the program pops up and away I go. Here is what I want to do: I want to add a text file to the disc, so not only does the auto installer pop up, but if I double click the cd, then I can open the text file, which has some specific instructions about the program. What I tried to do was copy all the contents of the disc to a folder on the desktop, then add the text file in the folder. Then use Toast to burn all the data back to a blank disc. The problem is that when I put in the newly burned disc, all the contents are there, but no auto install, and I don’t know how to install the program. I think I have described clearly what I want to do. Please help.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Please read our forum rules on crossposting ( posting the same thread twice). I have deleted your other thread in Software updates where it did not even belong. Thankyou for your input but please follow the rules.:wink:

Apologies.

I realized I posted the question in the wrong forum, and that’s why I posted it here. Anyway, is this the right forum for my question, and can someone help me please?