Convert hybrid ISO to PowerISO DAA format

Once converted, will I lose the portion for different system (Linux and OSX)? Is it completely the same as the original ISO at smaller size? What’s the catch?

Thanks for any information,

cpliu

What is the sense behind it???

Agreed, why would anyone want to use the DAA format?

Must be a PowerISO promotion.

No, I’m just a regular user without any association with the software. I was in doubt so I asked.

I noticed some CD/DVD has some empty space and by converting to DAA I can save some space. The space saved is much better than using RAR and I can have access mounting it with PowerISO. For this specific DVD, it has files for multiple platforms. I wonder if DAA retains the hybrid format once converted. To answer the question on why it? Just to save more space so I can put more CD/DVD images on one DVD.

If you know of any potential issues using DAA, please post. I’d like to be educated before converting too many into the format.

Thanks,

anyone knows the answer on this? I don’t have Linux or OSX to test so I can’t tell. But I would like to retain that compatibility.

THANKS!

I’m afraid that you won’t find many supporters for deviant formats here.
I will go out on a limb here to say that most of us use and support the traditional ISO format and exploit the use of software such as [B]ISOBuster[/B] and [B]UltraISO[/B]. These applications do not have proprietary formats.

When in doubt, it’s best to go directly to the source.
I may suggest that you contact the software manufacturer with reference to your inquiry. They should be able to provide support for their proprietary format.
They have no support links on their web site, but they do provide an email address.

support@poweriso.com

But you should already know that as you have purchased the software.

Thanks for the information. I didn’t know that people don’t like the software. I thought the program pretty good and addresses my needs. If I can find another to do the same thing, I would convert. For example, integration with the desktop that you can right mouse click an image to mount it quickly. I couldn’t do that with Daiemon that I used before.

[QUOTE=cpliu;1916218]Thanks for the information. I didn’t know that people don’t like the software. I thought the program pretty good and addresses my needs. If I can find another to do the same thing, I would convert. For example, integration with the desktop that you can right mouse click an image to mount it quickly. I couldn’t do that with Daiemon that I used before.[/QUOTE]

If you added the awxDTools shell extension for DAEMON Tools then you would be able to right click on a image and mount it.

It’s not that people don’t like the software, most just don’t want to be bothered with it. Must easier to stay with an Iso it’s more universal as it is the standard.

:cool::cool: