Convert HD Movies to Blu-Ray

vbimport

basically simple question really, back in the day if i wanted to watch avi/mp4 etc files on a standard DVD player i would use a program like convertxtodvd and then if i wanted good quality i would put just one file on but could squeeze 3 on this would play on any dvd player

now what is the blu-ray equivalent lets say i have 1 or more 1080p or 720p files and i want to play them on a straight standard blu-ray player i know some will play avi files but i just mean one that only plays proper blu-ray discs

is there a program like convertxtodvd? basically i just want to convert a 1080p film thats downloaded in mkv or mp4 or avi format and play it on a standalone blu-ray player connected to a TV

cheers

It sounds as though you want a blu-ray authoring tool such as Aiseesoft Blu-ray Creator.

Most Blu-ray players support other formats these days. Which is why there are not many good Blu-ray conversion/authoring programs available. The ones that are available, from various companies like DVDFab, Aiseesoft, or Leawo often cut corners in order to enable best possible speed, and the quality [B]always[/B] suffers as a result.

VSO, the makers of ConvertXtoDVD, have one you can try called VSO Video Converter: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/video-converter/vso-video-converter.php I have not tried this one myself.

I don’t use an all in one solution personally, but can make a Blu-ray that is fully compliant to specifications of that format using free tools as long as I don’t want a menu. But the tools I use for that are not one-click simple. If you are interested, they are MeGUI to make a fully compliant raw .h264 video stream and AC3 audio stream, and Easy BD Lite to author to Blu-ray format.

You could do it with Freemake Video Converter, although I haven’t used it for this particular purpose.

I’m pretty sure that multiAVCHD can do this too, though I have to say that I find the multitude of options and settings in that program to be almost incomprehensible.

cheers guys

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2718394]You could do it with Freemake Video Converter, although I haven’t used it for this particular purpose.[/QUOTE]

Freemake is loaded with Open Candy , I stay away from that

[QUOTE=alan1476;2718516]Freemake is loaded with Open Candy , I stay away from that[/QUOTE]

Does the /NOCANDY switch not work on this 1???:confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2718516]Freemake is loaded with Open Candy , I stay away from that[/QUOTE] Lots of freeware come with “helpful” additional software (i.e. crapware) that I simply choose to not install, so I see no reason to avoid Freemake in particular because of this.
Is there some nefarious malware I have missed?

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2718533]Lots of freeware come with “helpful” additional software (i.e. crapware) that I simply choose to not install, so I see no reason to avoid Freemake in particular because of this.
Is there some nefarious malware I have missed?[/QUOTE]

Yes. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2718535]Yes. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE] Please elaborate.

I’m not a fan of Freemake, but OpenCandy is found on a lot of free software these days, including some well established programs like DVDStyler and ImgBurn. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCandy

http://www.opencandy.com/privacy-policy/

The OpenCandy software does seem to get installed (if only temporarily) in order to examine certain information on your computer, and it does this whether you choose one of the add-on’s that it recommends or not. This examination of one’s system is objectionable in itself.

But the traces of OpenCandy left on the system are easily removed with Malwarebytes or other similar programs.

I haven’t used Freemake for some time but, as I recall, I uninstalled it because it was displaying (very annoying) ads within and during the operation of the program itself [i.e. the advertising issues with the program went well beyond just having to deal with OpenCandy during installation].

[QUOTE=Mr. Brownstone;2718330]basically i just want to convert a 1080p film thats downloaded in mkv or mp4 or avi format and play it on a standalone blu-ray player connected to a TV[/QUOTE]Don’t most blu-ray players have the ability to play back files from a USB stick? Just find one that will play your downloaded movies. Why do needless work?