Convert Fine Burn Fails

vbimport

Hi there, I am trying to burn to DVD and I seem to be having a few problems as I’m new to all this. I’m using ConvertXtoDVD software with a Phillips DVD -+ RW drive SPD3500cc connected by USB 2. It is converting fine but when it comes to burning that’s when the problems start.
The first try had an error code came up…

(Write error at 5488 (16) – code 05 21 02 [Illegal request, invalid address for write])

So I tried changing the speed of the burning, this made the burn complete but it made it unwatchable.

Where am I going wrong and what can I do to make I work?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

What brand of discs are you using, and what is the burn speed set to in ConvertX’s Burning settings?

I use the same setup (ConvertXtoDVD and an external USB2 drive) without problems :slight_smile:

[quote=Arachne;2030683]Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

What brand of discs are you using, and what is the burn speed set to in ConvertX’s Burning settings?

I use the same setup (ConvertXtoDVD and an external USB2 drive) without problems :)[/quote]

Thanks for getting back to me, I’m using Maxell DVD+R and ConvertX Burning setting is at 6x.

From what you’ve said so far, I think the media is the likely culprit - Maxell outsource the manufacturing of their media to at least three different companies, not all of them good.

I would try some Sony or Verbatim (preferably Verbatim) discs, and you should be able to burn watchable stuff with a setting of 8x.

I suggest a media change, given Maxell’s outsourcing and the fact that changing speeds (which often helps when the media isn’t top-notch) hasn’t helped here. :wink:

Works for me with the same media, I get next to no coasters. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried TDK DVD +R and changed the burning speed to 8x but no luck so far :frowning: now it comes up with…

D:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

After burning when i try to watch it. Any idea’s what else i can do?

[QUOTE=gts82;2030755]I’ve tried TDK DVD +R and changed the burning speed to 8x but no luck so far :frowning: now it comes up with…

D:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

After burning when i try to watch it. Any idea’s what else i can do?[/QUOTE]

This is after trying to watch it on your PC after burning? What happens when you try to view the TDK disc on a standalone player?

Just to rule out the drive completely (though I doubt that’s the issue anyway), do you have an internal drive you can burn to?

Although I would still suspect the media.

If this is a backup copy of an original movie you own.Does ConvertXtoDVD do the same thing as DVDFab or AnyDVD?
If it doesn’t that’s where the problem is.The DVDFab free version will take care of this for you.Then you need a program to shrink it if going to a single layer disc.I don’t have ConvertXtoDVD so I’m not sure how it works.

I agree with Arachne,most likely a media issue…But try this, convert with CX2DVD but save output to HDD only,then burn with IMGBurn instead,and use better media as suggested.good luck!..

I went out and got some Sony DVD+R like you said and it now works fine. :bigsmile:

Thanks for your help :kiss:

You’re welcome, glad the new discs are working for you :smiley: