Convert dvdr pal to dvdr NTSC?

vbimport

hi,
I just dl a movie but it is pal, is there anyway I can convert it to NTSC and burn it?
thanks

ILLEGAL topic, read those rules!

You did after all agree to them when you made an account…

Originally posted by cmr2003x
[B]
ILLEGAL topic, read those rules!

You did after all agree to them when you made an account…
[/B]

How is it an illegal topic?
Jesus H! Why is it, as soon as someone mentions they have downloaded anything, out come the “jolly roger” accusations :confused:

I could take you to 1000’s of site that offer FREE legal downloads.

As to the question of converting PAL to NTSC…you may wanna check out VCDhelper, called DVDhelper now I think? Anyway, they have some guides on there for kind of conversion…

Good luck…a8.

Originally posted by Active8
I could take you to 1000’s of site that offer FREE legal downloads.

As could I; haven’t seen any LEGAL movies to download yet (assuming a copyrighted movie).

Edit:

Fixed some bold tags…whoops

this is a wedding movie of a friend upload to his ftp and I dl it ? so it is illegal ? so st*pid

Pretty sure TMPGEnc has options for this, check it out.

/MLS

Well if it is indeed a wedding video then it would be 25fps interlaced and conversion would be completely different to how it would be if you had indeed downloaded a pirated DVD. As in this case it would be 25fps progressive.

So if you are just pretending that it is a wedding video, then you aren’t going to get a usefull answer.

Originally posted by celtic_druid
[B]Well if it is indeed a wedding video then it would be 25fps interlaced and conversion would be completely different to how it would be if you had indeed downloaded a pirated DVD. As in this case it would be 25fps progressive.

So if you are just pretending that it is a wedding video, then you aren’t going to get a usefull answer. [/B]

yeah right, u mean all wedding video would be 25fps ? this wedding dvd was made in asia, and they used Pal dude

Not all wedding video’s. All PAL material.

If it is PAL then it is 25fps, doesn’t matter if it is a wedding video, home movies, DVD or whatever, it is 25fps.

PAL DVD’s movies are generally from progressive film sources and are created by speeding the framerate up to 25fps. Wedding videos are generally shot on DV and are 50 fields per second.

Also Japan, The Philippines and South Korea are part of Asia and they use NTSC.

Originally posted by celtic_druid
[B]Not all wedding video’s. All PAL material.

If it is PAL then it is 25fps, doesn’t matter if it is a wedding video, home movies, DVD or whatever, it is 25fps.

PAL DVD’s movies are generally from progressive film sources and are created by speeding the framerate up to 25fps. Wedding videos are generally shot on DV and are 50 fields per second.

Also Japan, The Philippines and South Korea are part of Asia and they use NTSC. [/B]

:bow:

Thank God, someone makes a useful point.
n00b, if you used the search, you would have easily found this:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74305

Voila. Same problem with a fairly decent answer.
You could have gotten your movie converted to NTSC already ;).

[B]

[/B]

Arr… who ? Nothing relevent here except your answer (& posibly MLS’s) which should provide direct help as requested.

For those that missed it, the original thread title is “convert dvdr pal to dvdr NTSC ?” svnman already knows its PAL and wants to be able to convert it to NTSC. Thats a legitimate question since few NTSC DVD Player can play PAL material.

[B]

n00b, if you used the search, you would have easily found this:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74305

Voila. Same problem with a fairly decent answer.
You could have gotten your movie converted to NTSC already ;).
[/B]

yep i am n00b so that is why I asked question however I am not completely n00b since I did a search before I asked and I found the messages from your link too but if u read it again there is nothing about convert DVD Pal to DVD NTSC ? That is why question not avi pal or such

thanks to Chickenman’s reply. I am here to ask only the question, you guys if know please help otherwise do not reply and judge me. If mod think it is illegal he already blocks it, don’t need you to remind

At the site in the CDFreaks thread above :

http://www.geocities.com/xesdeeni2001/StandardsConversion/index.html check out Point 6

VI. PAL (Video) DVD (25i Fps) -> NTSC DVD (29.97i Fps)

Isn’t that what your looking for ?

yep that is what I need
thanks