Convert Dvd NTSC to DVD Pal

Hi to all!!

It’s possible to convert a Ntsc Dvd to a Pal dvd without loosing menu and extras?

Thanks in advance for the help!

bye
Speck

Yes and no … you can of course convert everything to the NTSC environment , but if there are programs that convert the menus and moving stuff etc. i dunno.

why do you want to convert the whole thing ?

Because i want to convert a dvd ntsc to pal and i like to have extra features…

no one known??

tnx
bye
Speck

Just play the original NTSC DVD in WinDVD (or PowerDVD) and do screan captures of all the menus. Convert all the Movie and extras to fit to a DVDR and author in Maestro or SpruceUp loading in menus and the movie and extras. A lot of work, but can be done.

Simplest is to leave the NTSC as an NTSC as all DVD Players will play them anyway. I really dont understand why people need to convert from NTSC to PAL or the other way around.

Originally posted by speck
[B]Because i want to convert a dvd ntsc to pal and i like to have extra features…

no one known??

tnx
bye
Speck [/B]

Is it because of the screen ratio ? bacause, you don’t have
to convert it for that, you can edit this with IfoEdit,
the menu is most of the time 4:3, and the movie, if it’s not already
done to 16:9, and set it also for autom. Letterboxed.
but i guess you don’t have to change anything.

The problem is that i need to play it on a Tv that doesn’t support NTSC so I see the movie in Black&White!!

tnx anyway

[B]The problem is that i need to play it on a Tv that doesn’t support NTSC so I see the movie in Black&White!!

tnx anyway [/B]

I guess you have a really old dvd player…most players convert
ntsc discs to pal, think about buying a new dvd player, any
cheap model we do, and you get a lot more features on it,
than you have now on your (old) player, sorry for saying this…
I saw today, the Hiteker 1500, for 99 euro’s…

[B]The problem is that i need to play it on a Tv that doesn’t support NTSC so I see the movie in Black&White!!

tnx anyway [/B]

Check in the Setup Menu of your DVD Player and change the type of TV to PAL TV rather than Auto. This can solve the B&W issue.

I play the DVD with my PS2 and AV cable! i think there is no option to convert signal…

I play the DVD with my PS2 and AV cable! i think there is no option to convert signal…

Somebody i know, played a ntsc dvd from me, on his pal psx2,
i’ll ask him how he “made the connection” to his tv…

the only way to do an NTSC to Pal conversion is to rip and reencode doing that for main movie is generally straightforward but if you want to keep menus extras etc then you can multiply the amount of work (and complexity of the programs involved)

a UK ps2 playing an NTSC dvd can produce a colour display on some TVs but… thats because that particular TV is capable of fully understanding an NTSC signal whereas your TV can only understand NTSCs frequency (why its black and white but still stable)

you wont find a cable based solution to your problem unless the PS2 is modified to enable RGB output of DVDs (in which case an RGB only scart lead would probably do the trick) without the modification RGB scart DVD output would just be green tinged

if all you were wanting was main movie then best case conversion would be:

rip with dvddecrypter etc
load decrytped vobs into dvd2avi
save a project file with demuxed dolby soundtrack

load soundtrack into besweet convert to PAL

load dvd2avi project flile into either tmpeg or Cinemacraft Encoder render a PAL converted version of the movie

load the movie and ac3 soundtrack into spruce up create a basic menu and generate the title set

burn the new title set with primodvd

if you hit a hybrid movie with a mix of NTSCfilm and NTSCvideo footage then you’ve got extra steps to inverse telecine the footage back to NTSCFilm before converting to PAL which is where it starts to get messy…

Worse still as you were wanting those extras etc then its a trip into maestro/scenarist land rebuilding all the menus adding the various soundtracks n subtitles etc (goodbye easy to use spruce up hello several weeks of brain numbing torture)

not to mention multiple encoding projects in CCE or TMPEG to convert all the extras to PAL too (as you cant create a dvd project that mixes NTSC and PAL footage on the same disc)

beleive me by time you’ve done all that you’ll be so sick of the sight of the movie that you’ll probably never want to watch it ever again anyways :slight_smile:

The pal ps2 have been screwed by sony so that the rgb does not work with dvds (the scart that comes with the ps2 is a composite (worse picture) one
get a rgb scart lead and a dvd region x disc this can get round the green screen thingy

Sony are arseholes for crippling PAL ps2

and it is considered that playing any dvd includind proper ones on a ps2 can screw it up within a year

Get a cheap dvd player from ASda put it on pal 60 end of problem

Bex

I had the same question. It turns out that there is new piece of software called DVDEcho that lets you convert PAL dvds to NTSC and vice versa. It costs $49.95. Here’s its website: http://www.dvdecho.com/docs/home.html

you could buy a hardware ntsc to pal converter, i have one, and you just need to input any ntsc signal via phono leads, and it will output a pal signal. i bought one for my imported gamecube but it should work just fine for any ntsc video signal.

yup, like he said , try to find a PAL-BOOSTER
it’s a litle device that just converts the signal

So, if you have an import game for ps2 that you would like to work on a pal witout sound going out of sync then what do you do?

You start a thread especially for this question & not open a 3 year thread that doesn’t really address your problem.