Convert AVI to DVD

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I need to know how to convert an .avi movie to a file format that can be played back on any DVD player. I think I want to convert the file into .vob files. Any Video Converter 2.7.0 (freeware) will let me convert the file to .mpg (but not .vob), but after burning the files to DVD-R 4.7 GB using Nero Express Essentials, the DVD will not play in my DVD player.

Again, I think I need to convert the file to .vob file (or files) and then burn them to DVD. I also have CloneDVD2.

I have several .avi files I would like to do this with and if I can get it to work with one of the files then I know it will work with all the rest also.

Any help anyone can provide me with on how to do this would be most appreciated.:bow:

Try the freeware DVDFlick… if the desired results aren’t met, then there are commercial ones that are good… VSO ConvertXtoDVD and 1 ClickDVDMovie have free trials.

FAVC. Good and Free.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2237363]FAVC. Good and Free.[/QUOTE]

Considering that it uses QuEnc or HEnc, must be pretty decent. :slight_smile:
Must be a bit slow though, would be great if the original AVI was of great quality, it’d probabvly retain it better than others.

AVStoDVD is another choice which can make use of the HC encoder. http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=197340