Convert avchd to wmv

hi guys,
so iv ripped some of my blu ray movies using anydvd hd to my hard drive.
Iv then converted them to avchd using BD_Rebuilder so i can play them on my ps3. the problem now is i want my little brother to be able to play them on his 360 so i need to either convert them from blu ray to wmv or from the avchd to wmv.
any ideas please?

You can try this program to convert from AVCHD to WMV.
Just select all to wmv from the video drop down.

http://www.freewintools.com/

hi Whappo, thanks for your quick reply. i have downloaded that one and installed it. run the program and click on the “all to wmv” i then click on the “add folder” and browse to the folder for example (iron man) in this folder i have to 2 files “BDMV” & “Certificate” am i ok just clicking on the Iron man folder and clicking ok or do i need to browse to one of the other files?
SOrry if i sound a little dense lol

No, you don’t sound dense. Format Factory can’t read the blue ray files. I thought you had it converted for your PS3?

thats what i thought? i used BD Rebuilders and in that software its set as x264 encoder and the output file is 8.5gb :S take it thats wrong?

just to add looking in the STREAM Folder the single 00001 file is a .m2ts file @7.49gb

You are right, I misunderstood, duh! I really don’t know of any free software to convert bdmv to wmv, I’ve read about a few commercial apps, but I couldn’t suggest any. Maybe someone else will jump on this thread with some ideas. Sorry, for the confusion.

ok so im right in thinkin that i havent converted my blu’s to avchd?
thanks

[QUOTE=tarik;2230986]ok so im right in thinkin that i havent converted my blu’s to avchd?
thanks[/QUOTE]

No, I think you have converted. One program you can try to convert the mt2s to wmv is Super, http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html. It says it supports mt2s as an input file and wmv as output.

i just grabbed the media info from that format factory about that file i converted before. here are the details.

General
ID : 1
Complete name : C:\Users arik\Videos\AVCHD\BATMAN_1080P\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : BluRay Video
File size : 7.49 GiB
Duration : 2h 6mn
Overall bit rate : 8 493 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Bit rate : 7 677 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 7 064 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.154
Writing library : x264 core 66 r1109 75b495f
Encoding settings : cabac=0 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0 / me=dia / subme=0 / psy_rd=0.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=0 / keyint=24 / keyint_min=1 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=cbr / bitrate=7064 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=17500 / vbv_bufsize=14500 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Language : English

whe i click on the m2ts file now it does load up so im gunan try it and see if it converts it soon.

O.K. I didn’t think Format Factory could handle it, but if it works post back with your results. Good luck.