Convert-A-Classic

vbimport

:confused:saw this on TV last nite and was wondering if it was for real is to work with any PC r MAC only probl i see is you have to wait 6weeks r more for it to get to ya web sit is Convert-A-Classic.c@m if you want a look any info will help i have many of VCR / tape to convert to disk HELP …:cool:

[QUOTE=kacal;2573484]:confused:saw this on TV last nite and was wondering if it was for real is to work with any PC r MAC only probl i see is you have to wait 6weeks r more for it to get to ya web sit is Convert-A-Classic.c@m if you want a look any info will help i have many of VCR / tape to convert to disk HELP …:cool:[/QUOTE] :bow: :bow: THANKS :bow: :bow:

Your best bet is a standalone DVD recorder. This type of gadget is generally a PITA to use.

Don’t bother ordering Convert-a-Classic. After waiting several weeks for my order to arrive, I received a letter stating “Due to overwhelming response to the offer we have completely exhausted our supply of merchandise and will be unable to fulfill your order”. I called customer service and was told the item was discontinued as of 4/20/11. You can bet I’ll be watching my credit card for fraudulent activity.

Those things like that are a total rip-off they maybe work sometimes but
most of the time you are just out of luck. If the VHS tape has any kind of
copy protection on it those kind of gadgets just will not transfer it but if it
is a home made tape it might or might not transfer it.

If you have a bunch of store bought and legally paid for copy protected VHS
tapes that are just lying around and going to waste then get yourself one of
the TV tuner cards from Hauppauge. I used one of them and my old VCR to
transfer all of my old copy protected VHS to the computer hdd and then I just
trans coded them into DVD format and burned them to DVD’s.

Here is a pretty nice one that isn’t all that expensive @ $44.99 + $6.98 Shipping

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1250 - White Box 1187 PCI-Express x1 Interface - OEM

Same as above but retail boxed with a Remote Control
for about $7.58 more @ $51.99 + $7.56 Shipping

You could always bring out the big guns and use this one here
Hauppauge Colossus - Record your high definition video gameplay and TV programs using H.2601414 PCI-Express x1 Interface
$149.99 + $7.56 Shipping

[QUOTE=kacal;2573484]saw this on TV and was wondering if it was for real[/QUOTE] no, it never is.

Thanks for the info getit29. I’ll check out your recommendations. Most of mine are VHS home movies I’d like to convert to dvd, but I do have some favorite (legal) movies as well. Would love to save some space and get rid of those old tapes! I tried Pinnacle Dazzle, but got frustrated and gave up. Oh well, I’ll keep trying!

[QUOTE=kentwoodc;2586950]Thanks for the info getit29. I’ll check out your recommendations. Most of mine are VHS home movies I’d like to convert to dvd, but I do have some favorite (legal) movies as well. Would love to save some space and get rid of those old tapes! I tried Pinnacle Dazzle, but got frustrated and gave up. Oh well, I’ll keep trying![/QUOTE]

Not only is the Hauppauge TV tuners good for the VHS tapes but it will turn
your PC into a DVR if you don’t already have one hooked up. I used to set my
card up to tape TV shows off of the cable while I watched another show on my
TV.

I just wish I would have bought one with the digital tuner but I bought mine a
long time ago before everything went digital. I ended up selling it to a friend
that just wanted to use it only to transfer VHS to DVD for people and for family
members that still had stacks of VHS tapes laying around and he wasn’t the least
bit interested in recording any TV shows with it.

I Also ordered two of the convert-a-classic cable adapters back on 9-16-2011 and have not heard anything from these people.Web site now says its under construction and has been for two weeks now,so far they haven’t charged my credit card but ya never know, they said it would be 2-6 weeks to process they now have less than 2 weeks left…
I just want my order !