Convert a 1.47 gb AVI file to dvd?

Hey all, I am relatively new to this conversion process. I have been able to convert 700mb AVI files with no problem, but when I tried a 1.47gb file, I had audio sync problems.

Is it possible to convert a file of this size to fit on one single layer dvd?

If I have to burn to a dual layer dvd, do I need a special software and burner?

Any information is greatly appreciated. I have been having so much fun learning all this new stuff.

Thanks!!!
Scarby

What program are you using for the conversion process? An avi file of that size should fit onto a single layer dvd when converted.

There are several free programs for converting avi to finished dvd, including AVStoDVD, FAVC and DVDFlick.

A popular commercial product is ConvtertXtoDVD.

I have been using DVD Flick for the conversion process. The video converted very nice, but the audio was about a 25 sec delay. Very annoying. I have also tried CloneDVD with no success.

Might try one of the others…FAVC and AVStoDVD can use the HC encoder, which is very high quality output.

Was the original audio mp3 variable bit encoded? That is often times a problem for conversions.

I believe it was a variable bit encoded audio, but I cannot tell if it is a mp3 format.

I will try one of these other softwares as well. If you have any other helpful information, I would apprecaite it.

If you want a program to examine the original avi files, look at MediaInfo or Gspot video utility. Both free to use. They will tell you the codecs used in the video, bitrate, resolution, etc.

25 seconds is a huge difference. Normally you might see a few seconds gap on a badly encoded video. VideoReDo is a commercial program that has a nifty tool for fixing audio/video sync problems in mpeg files (and vob files found in dvds). It is called the Quickstream Fix tool. Your problem might be a little extreme for it though.

I am trying the ConvertXtoDvD software now. I will let you know if it works better.

ConvertxtoDVD, should work nicely for you…However, you didn’t mention whether the original audio is in sync…Is it?
Try with Avidemux, it handles MP3 vbr issues, try it out…

when I play the AVI file, it is in sync. So I know it was a problem with my conversion. Just thought maybe it was because of the size of my file.

I just got an error and cancellation on my next attempt. I am going to try again in the morning.

An error and cancellation, with convertxtoDVD? what error?..
Use Gspot as was recommended, so we can see, or at least give us your avi specs…

[QUOTE=xscarbyx;2228070]when I play the AVI file, it is in sync. [B] So I know it was a problem with my conversion[/B]. Just thought maybe it was because of the size of my file.

I just got an error and cancellation on my next attempt. I am going to try again in the morning.[/QUOTE]
No the problem is with the AVI or your system, otherwise it would have converted properly.

Here is the gspot as requested. I am new to this program, so I do not know what I am looking for here. I am running my conversion again and it seems to running smoothly this time. I must have hit something last night to get the cancellation.

This could be the/ a problem,
Guess you didn’t RTR…

We can’t help any more on this video xscarbyx. The rules of the forum don’t allow us to help with copyright protected material that you have downloaded without permission of the copyright holders.

Please review the rules of the forum before posting again.

Thread closed.