Conversion times for iPhone 5.0.3.0

vbimport

Hey,

I was wondering what conversion times others get for version 5.0.3.0 when converting to iPhone default settings?

Using a Q6700 (Quad core CPU) I see CPU activity on all 4 cores that peaks around 50 to 60%. Most of the time, it is in the low 20% range.

With that as a background, a typical movie, 90 minutes in length, is taking about an hour to RIP. I am seeing frame rates around 47 FPS.

I tried one on my 2 core 2GHz notebook and got about 61 fps using v5.0.3.5 and a 400x304 screen. Have you adjusted the memory allocation settings in Common Settings->DVD to Mobile->Generic? The conversion speed doesn’t max out until about 5-6% of the movie is converted (?).

I convert my movies to PS3 so I can watch them on my TV. I am also able to watch them on my iPhone with no probs.

My specs

Intel Core Duo Quad Core (overclocked to 3.2 MHZ)
Vista Ultimate 64 bit
8 GB Memory
DVDFab 5.0.3.0

I generally average 61.5 FPS and can encode a two hour movie in about 50 minutes

Hope this helps… Tracy Ann

Honestly, I regard anything better than real time as a bonus.

Thanks for the replies, folks.

I followed signals advice and adjusted changed the memory from Auto to Max. That has boosted the FPS conversion for the iPod/iPhone standard configuration from 30 FPS to about 57 FPS.

That said, for a quad core 2.6 GHz machine with 3GB of RAM, it seems slow compared to the 60 to 90 FPS figures others are quoting for slower CPUs.

Maybe the iPhone conversion is just more CPU intensive, or perhaps some other setting is still out of wac with my PC.

In any case I am much happier today with things going almost 2x as fast as the have been.

Thanks again!

I have just upgraded from 5.0.2.5 to 5.0.3.0, and am persistently having slow FPS coversion rates (around 20-22) in coverting for ipod movies w/ one pass. It started w/ 5.0.2.0, and I thought .2.5 and .3.0 would fix it, but no luck there. I’ve reset my DMA by re-installing the driver without making a difference. can anyone help?:sad:

I’m running an Acer aspire 3620 laptop w/ :

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1296 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
CD/DVD Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N

thx for any advice.
cheers,
greybro

Upgrade again to the current beta release. There was a problem with the H264 codec in 5.0.3.0. You can get the newest beta from the release announcement here in the forum. You may also need to experiment with the memory allocation settings for DVD to Mobile in Common Settings->DVD to Mobile->Generic. The Tutorial page for this page explains the settings.

[quote=greybro;2085901]I have just upgraded from 5.0.2.5 to 5.0.3.0, and am persistently having slow FPS coversion rates (around 20-22) in coverting for ipod movies w/ one pass. It started w/ 5.0.2.0, and I thought .2.5 and .3.0 would fix it, but no luck there. I’ve reset my DMA by re-installing the driver without making a difference. can anyone help?:sad:

I’m running an Acer aspire 3620 laptop w/ :

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1296 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
CD/DVD Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N

thx for any advice.
cheers,
greybro[/quote]

signals - thx, did both these. I tried to convert to iPod today Star Wars 3 using 4.0.6.5 beta and memory at max… the FPS speed would not get over 5. I’m having some persistent speed problems that are beginning to get really frustrating.

Any other help/ideas at all? please - anyone?

Try the current version 5.0.5.0