Conversion File to mobile

I’m on 6.0.1.0 and can’t get files to play on my Ericsson Walkman cellphone. The most luck I’ve had is selecting the “Ericsson W800” device in the “File-to-cellphone” option. When I start the video on the cell phone, it starts with the menu screen. You know, the one that you have to select the “play” option on. However, there is no way to navigate to the play option. Is there a way of skipping that screen so the video stars playing immediately?

There are probably better, quicker ways to do this, but I always rip the main movie to the desktop in DVD to DVD before I convert to mobile. It just seems to go better for me anyway. And that gets rid of menus and all the junk.

Why not update to 6.0.2.2

Basically, that’s what I’ve done. I used DVD to DVD to get it into a folder, then File to Cellphone. Maybe I am copying the wrong folder. DVD to DVD creates a folder with the movie name, then 2 files inside. When I use the File to Cellphone option I point to the folder.

How do you get past the main menu screen? After leaving the last post, I think the only thing that was copied was the main screen. The file that was copied was, VTS_01_0 and it is 42MB.

Make sure you are using “Main Movie” to rip the movie to the HDD. If you use “Full Disk” you’ll get the whole ball of wax including menus. Then in DVD to mobile select the “VIDEO_TS” folder as the source, don’t try to pick single files.

Don’t use File to Mobile to convert DVD VOB files, they can contain more than one video element. Use DVD to Mobile instead, it will read the IFO files and convert only the title you want with no menus or other junk. You can still use the HDD copy you made as the Source.

[QUOTE=signals;2299735]Don’t use File to Mobile to convert DVD VOB files, they can contain more than one video element. Use DVD to Mobile instead, it will read the IFO files and convert only the title you want with no menus or other junk. You can still use the HDD copy you made as the Source.[/QUOTE]

Good catch signals! I didn’t pick up on that :disagree:

I didn’t either at first–it was the business about the menus that made me re-read the thread.