Conversion Errors

Virtually all my DVD’s have errors in them , either skipping or out of syn volume.
Is there a fix so that AVI’s can be converted to DVD without these errors showing up?

What program are you using to convert?
Do the avi’s play O.K. on your computer? What burning program are you using and what brand of disk?

Assuming that the errors are being caused by Poor AVI source’s , is there a fixer that can help me convert without the errors?

I doubt you’ll like this but here it is anyway…

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=90285

Forced to give you this link out of frustration , maybee it will help you help me.

Assuming that it is the source material , do people purposly create errors in shared AVI’s so they will ’ go bad’ when converted.
This is the only explanation to me, it would seem easier to upload an intact AVI with no inherant errors than it would upload a bad one.

[QUOTE=xmarksthespot;2219098]Assuming that the errors are being caused by Poor AVI source’s , is there a fixer that can help me convert without the errors?[/QUOTE]

Let’s not assume anything. Do the files play correctly from you hard drive or not? You still don’t say which program you are using to convert. If you are downloading these avi’s from torrents then you get what you pay for, the people who upload are under no obligation to guarantee the files to be error free.

As for software that can ‘fix’ avi files, there are several that claim they can. Just google for “repair avi file” or anything similar. I can’t recommend one.

[QUOTE=xmarksthespot;2219098]Assuming that the errors are being caused by Poor AVI source’s , is there a fixer that can help me convert without the errors?[/QUOTE]

Right on, get the AVIs from reliable sources and this will be a problem of the past!