Controversial Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act passes - but no fear!

vbimport

I just posted the article Controversial Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act passes - but no fear!.

The controversial cyber-security law Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act( CISPA) has passed the U.S. House of Representatives with a large majority.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/controversial-cyber-intelligence-sharing-and-protection-act-passes-but-no-fear-66902/](http://www.myce.com/news/controversial-cyber-intelligence-sharing-and-protection-act-passes-but-no-fear-66902/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

We need to maintain our vigilance but eventually this sort of b/s will pass and become law.

Perhaps not. Maybe if people open their eyes and realize this crap is happening they will protest loud enough to A) make government realize this is against the interest of the people they are supposed to represent, and B) force the technology giants to realize that there customers are sick of being treated like crap. If the government and/or big tech companies fail to listen, they will fail to be re-elected, hence newer, more understanding members will likely take there place. Or, people will start boycotting these companies, and force them through loss of profits to listen.

Of course, that would require people to stop making Facebook/Twitter/whatever posts about how exciting that last cat video they saw was. It’s quite sad that people just can’t stop there nonsense long enough to pay any real attention. Most of my friends know more about the personal lives of celebrities than the current threats that could easily destroy the internet they love so much.

I weep for the species :iagree:

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2685280] Most of my friends know more about the personal lives of celebrities than the current threats that could easily destroy the internet they love so much.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, which is a very sad state of affairs.

Isn’t it SAD you VOTED for most of those (W)HORes?!?

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2685380]Isn’t it SAD you VOTED for most of those (W)HORes?!?[/QUOTE]

That’s the problem those crying foul are the very same person that voted them in. We just have to take a good look at the mirror and see whom voted for them.

I see that McAfee has filed a patent on some new kind of Site Blocking Technology. They filed it in October, 2012, but it’s just been made public.

The goal is to have a McAfee-version of DRM, apparently - they will intercept URLs, transfer them to another server, match that against a list of all banned URLs and then deny or allow McAfee customers to go forth and…

The matching-servers will look for sites that distribute copy-protected data streams.

“It’s not censuring the Internet,” is the McAfee claim.

Was it Frank Burns or Adolf that said, “I’m not burning books. I’m just testing gasoline and matches in this barrel - the books just happen to be in there”?

There are websites which tell you how your “HOR” voted on various issues… if you don’t like what they’re doing… CHANGE YOUR VOTE next time!!! You have 2 damn years to make up your minds!!!