Controlling where to split a DVD-9

vbimport

I wish to use AnyDVD with CloneDVD. When backing up a DVD-9 source to two DVD-5 targets with zero compression so as to preserve the fidelity of the source, assume that it is too large to fit onto a single DVD-5. How do I instruct CloneDVD where to make the chapter break between the two intended DVD-5 targets. Tied into this dilemma - where does CloneDVD divide it by default? Does it identify the chapter break closest to the middle of the source (what I’d prefer) or where it calculates that the first DVD-5 target is going to run out of space?

Above I said chapter break. Does CloneDVD by default divide the source stream at a formal chapter break or will it divide it inside of a chapter?

[QUOTE=LowWaterMark;2149882]I wish to use AnyDVD with CloneDVD. When backing up a DVD-9 source to two DVD-5 targets with zero compression so as to preserve the fidelity of the source, assume that it is too large to fit onto a single DVD-5. How do I instruct CloneDVD where to make the chapter break between the two intended DVD-5 targets. Tied into this dilemma - where does CloneDVD divide it by default? Does it identify the chapter break closest to the middle of the source (what I’d prefer) or where it calculates that the first DVD-5 target is going to run out of space?

Above I said chapter break. Does CloneDVD by default divide the source stream at a formal chapter break or will it divide it inside of a chapter?[/QUOTE]

Is the dvd9 to expensive where you aren’t able to buy them? If your wanting to keep the playback and visual quality you best option is to burn it to another dvd9 media.

No, just don’t have a dual-layer burner. I’m looking at a Plextor PX-810SA as we speak.

Oh I see then, I would say go buy a DL burner as they are relatively inexpensive. But that will depend on where you live and its avaiability of units.