Contoller Preference?

Guys Which Controller BenQ Drives (1640/50/55) Prefer in general ?

which would be better to connect too ? Intel or the JMicron ?

i need ur Views on this pls …

Hi,

I would connect the Benq to the Intel Controller.
Nexperia drives are often poor with add-on controllers.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;1943903]…Nexperia drives are often poor with add-on controllers…[/QUOTE]Ahh, just Nexperia drives… :rolleyes:
When dealing with JMicron, optical drives chip really doesn’t matter because JMicron is crap with opticals in first place.
As a general rule; always connect a optical drive on motherboards southbridge controller. :wink:

Hi :slight_smile:
So far two for Intel. :bigsmile:
Let’s make it a clean sweep. :cool:

hmmm intel seems to be winning :slight_smile:

check this:

even with the Using of the Intel Controller,my HardDisks Fragmented,my Buffer goes as low as 19% :sad:,i have changed my 80 wire IDE cables too still the same Result

can anybody pls explain this ?

will going for a good controller help ? wat u guys suggest ? do have controllers which can fit in a PCI slot which support both Sata & IDE ?

Nothing wrong there…
The buffer fluctuates when the drive recalibrates itself on OPC points.

Your screenshot could be from my PC! :wink:

[QUOTE=Pianoman;1944414]Nothing wrong there…
The buffer fluctuates when the drive recalibrates itself on OPC points.

Your screenshot could be from my PC! ;)[/QUOTE]

dont u think a a Buffer drop to 19% is a matter of concern ? :doh:

No, really, most if not all BenQ graphs with WOPC on will show that. Turn WOPC off and the buffer will appear more stable. It’s just how the drive handles its recalibration. Notice the “89% average”. You’re good. :iagree:

FWIW, burning DVD RAM on many drives produces even lower buffer levels, but it is normal.

[QUOTE=wallace0134;1944434]No, really, most if not all BenQ graphs with WOPC on will show that. Turn WOPC off and the buffer will appear more stable. It’s just how the drive handles its recalibration. Notice the “89% average”. You’re good. :iagree:

FWIW, burning DVD RAM on many drives produces even lower buffer levels, but it is normal.[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
It depends on your setup.
My buffer doesn’t drop anything like.
75 <> 100% in the worst cases. Usually more like 95 <> 100%. Ave 98%. :cool:
Edit:
Have checked back & found with some fake media one where the buffer dropped to 10% the ave was 90%.
That was with the Pioneer DVR-115D which has an active WOPC (or whatever Pioneer call it).
So perhaps a combination of media & WOPC (possibly SolidBurn too). Can give such figures, that at 1st glance appear quite alarming. :Z :bigsmile:

[quote=zebadee;1944458]Hi :slight_smile:
It depends on your setup.
My buffer doesn’t drop anything like.
75 <> 100% in the worst cases. Usually more like 95 <> 100%. Ave 98%. :cool:[/quote]
I’m still learning something new everyday…:flower:

But general consensus is the the burn graph is okay. :iagree:

EDIT: I agree with [B]zebadee’s[/B] edit. :slight_smile:

i guess it has something to do with the IDE controller ur using too :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=achemen;1944282]hmmm intel seems to be winning :slight_smile:

check this:

[B]even with the Using of the Intel Controller,my HardDisks Fragmented,my Buffer goes as low as 19% :sad:,i have changed my 80 wire IDE cables too still the same Result…[/B][/QUOTE]That’s quite [B]normal[/B] and nothing to worry about.

No matter what controller you use, as long as WOPC is on buffer will drop while burner re-/calibrates.
This also answers all your other questions. :wink:
Still wanna have some refferences, take your time and study BenQ DW1620/1640/165* scan result threads. Pleasant reading. :slight_smile:

Also check out BenQ/Philips FAQ.

BTW, zebadee made a nice QSuite guide over at ultimate-dvdr.com. :clap: