Continuing a torrent download with uTorrent

vbimport

Hey to all :slight_smile:

I was using my downloading computer the other day and had a crash for some unknown reason (probably overheated the dang thing!), and once it was restarted some time later it seemed that a single file i was downloading using utorrent had somehow disappeared off the list!

Now it still seems that the file is in the folder where i keep downloading torrent data, so I haven’t actually lost the data from the harddrive but I would like to continue the torrent from where it was, not run the risk of losing what I have and restarting. Is there any way that anyone knows of to do this, using the utorrent program? Thanks very much,

Capt

CAPTAIN,
I would be carefull if I were you some of those free torrent’s
are illegal. I know there’s a grey area as to which are legal,and
which are not,but if your computer crashed. You should run a
virus scan for trojans,and I would even do a system restore to
a week back or so just to be sure.
Enjoy ZAP.

Well, just from a technical standpoint, anything you download and have the files for, when you go and upload the tracker it will check the files and start from what you already have, if that makes sense.
If you need more clarification let me know. :cool:

[QUOTE=hax0rth0r;2105011]Well, just from a technical standpoint, anything you download and have the files for, when you go and upload the tracker it will check the files and start from what you already have, if that makes sense.
If you need more clarification let me know. :cool:[/QUOTE]

yeah was able to figure it out, ran a checkscan and it went on from where it was at. Thanks for the assistance! :slight_smile:

[I]Capt[/I]

[QUOTE=str1ker;2105011]Well, just from a technical standpoint, anything you download and have the files for, when you go and upload the tracker it will check the files and start from what you already have, if that makes sense.
If you need more clarification let me know. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I’m a little confused at all that ( :bow: ) technical stuffs.
How do you do that?

PS: I’m trying to continue the download on a different PC with the same version of utorrent.

[QUOTE=Sir_Smee;2296250]Hey, I’m a little confused at all that ( :bow: ) technical stuffs.
How do you do that?

PS: I’m trying to continue the download on a different PC with the same version of utorrent.[/QUOTE]

We users would like new OP to start a new thread considering this was last responded in Aug 2008. But the response to your query would be to copy the torrent file itself but also the data file it created to the new torrent folder along with the data file. Reason is that with the data file the torrent program will do a data search and check the file for data comparison and updated how much was downloaded and restart the torrent. Without the torrented data file it will start back from 0 downloaded til whenever it finishes the downloading. It does it by checking the CRC file with the torrent file for comparison assuming the data or file isn’t corrupted if there is it will stop and start a new download.

Thanks for the help:)