Continually restart PC when I upgrade 411S firmware!

Yesterday I upgrade my 411S firmware from FSOF to FSOJ. And when once restart PC (after upgrade), it restart always now, when 411S is connected to PC ! My computer does’nt restart, when 411S is disconnected (like now).
I have 2 HDD and 2 optical (411S and CD-RW). Earlier was the same problem, but after changing connections all this drives (slave, master, primary bus, secondary…) hardy worked it. But now that does not matter, how is 411S connected, my PC is always restarting. It happend then WinXP starting up and in the right bottom jump out the notice ~“Found new hardware CD-ROM…”. And then after few seconds restart my PC - it hapend’s always, when my 411S is connected. BIOS found 411S with new FSOJ. My motherboard is ECS K7VTA3.
Who can help me ? Why it happend ? Is hardware or software problem ?
Now my 411S is disconnected from PC… :sad:

try to delete the secondary ide channel(if you connect it there) from device manager, shut the system down; connect the 411s and boot up.

First you should enable the error message of xp to see if there is a blue screen. Otherwise u can’t find an xp problem… (go into system, there u should find a tab (advanced, then startup and recovery the option). You can uncheck the automaticaly reboot to see the message…
If u have a message, search on it (hexa code) in www.msdn.microsoft.com

if u don’t…

start msinfo (start dxdiag, then go to tab more help, then click on msinfo)
there go into hardware resources, you have a section conflict/sharing. See if you don’t have a problem there… Via driver have a very bad idea to put nearly all device in the same irq and the system doesn’t like it… and more with a sblaster…(sblaster make very shitty drivers now…). If you have a conflict, then u have to put the irq manually, or uninstall the hardware the give the problem, restart, then reinstall it and restart. This to allow the systme to distribute correclty the irq amongs all ressources…
I know this is tricky, but with via driver, a small change can affect the way the driver works and can scramble your pc…

if everything ok…

update your via drivers.

if it doesn’t work, start in safe mode, uninstall the ide driver and restart.
Normally it should take the good one on the next start. If he doesn’t, dl a registry cleaner. Clean it before doing the same operation. (some ide driver resinstall by themselfes…)
you also can uninstall the driver, then don’t reboot, install the old one then restart…

Let know if something works…

The last solution is a clean reinstall of your system… it’s annoying but you will at least spare time…

When I uncheck the automaticaly reboot, turn off PC, connect 411S and turn on, in the blue screen (when start’s) I see this error:
“NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS”

I found, where you sad:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_4opz.asp

But I don’t know, what I must to do :confused: Maybe I must update VIA draiver ? And what is “IoCallDriver” ?

Tnx for help :wink:

try to get the hex number of the error… Normally in the blue screen in the low end of the screen you have a code 0x00000000 (0x00000000, 0x00000…) write this code and search on it you will get better results…

At first sight it appears that the via driver could be the responsible… but with xp everything is possible.
I would first go to the site of the motherboard and look in the forum for similar problem and see what they have done… otherwise look for a new via driver. First in your mobo site then on via…

Did you try to put your 411 alone and disable the reader ?

i found this. Maybee it could help…

http://www.winntmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=3396

your problem is listed there and maybee can be solved by changing a registry key value.
If you don’t know how to do let me know… i will give you more explanations…

u can try this too…
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=no_more_irp_stack_locations&as_ugroup=*windowsxp&num=50&hl=en
by the way… you are not out of the forest… !

At first in blue screen I see this code:
0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x804ED834, 0xF89849B4, 0x00000000)

My IRPStackSize was 4294967294, and this digit is >4, how in your link is advise. When I change it to 30, the problem does’nt dissappear, but in blue screen now I don’t see words “NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS”, only digit’s like I above write, only instead of “0x804ED834, 0xF89849B4” was another digit’s.

But I found, and it earler was: in device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives without my Lite-on CD-RW (whitch is connected and have no problem) is at the same time “VOBID InstantDrive CD SCSI CdRom Device”. It is from Pinaccle Instant Copy program, like virtual CD-ROM (I don’t know, or it have influence to my problem).

The problem don’t disappear :sad:

P.S. link to google, which you write, don’t work me.

disable the vobid instant drive…

What i read about your problem is not very funy… It’s an old problem and causes a lot of trouble…

Did you check for hardware conflict ?

what i would do is the following :

go to your motherboard site and dl the last via driver and firmware.

nb: Flash your motherboard only is nothing works and follow the rest…

open your case.

remove all that is not necesserary from your pc (soundcard, …)
start your pc. Let windows make the modifications
restart.
Uninstall the via driver (normally you can do it since it’s an installation via cdrom(if it’s didn’t change…)
install the new one
restart your pc.
Let the system configure all.
stop
plug your liteone 411s
restart pc, and pray that everything is ok.
If it’s the case, plug the other device and restart the pc.
If the problem begins again, change your soundcard from place (normally the sound card should be installed to the left side of your tower to avoid contact with the graphic card (interference and irq sharing problem…)

This procedure is made to isolate the problem cause via driver and minidriver port work with every item of your pc. The problem can come from many places… I hope this would work for you.

IF this don’t work… try to flash your mobo. Be carreful and read the forum and message board of your manufacturer before doing this and the most important, don’t flash from the winxp dos, use a boot dos disk to do it.

I had such an error (not the same, but same result) with a previous via motherboard… it took me 3 month to get back a working pc… since i will never buy a via based motherboard again (unless there is other solutions of course)…By the way i had to disconnect my hollywood decompression card because it definitly didn’t work with the via…

You can test a total clean reinstall of your system but that’s not sure that the problem would be solved…

I defeat my problem !!! :bigsmile: :iagree:

My story… :slight_smile:

I check for hardware conflict and found nothing. I try to disconnect my Audigy soundcard, but that don’t help me… Many times I disconnect and uninstal secound bus and VIA Bus Master from device manager, but they shows again after restart, and nothig help’s…

First I try to disable the vobid instant drive. It fail (show blue screen), when I try in normal or in safe mode…
Then I try to disable SCSI/RAID controler, which was also in device manager. It go well in safe mode. And then “vobid instant drive letter” disappear and from devicemanager/CD-ROM-DVD

But the problem don’t disappear and my PC restart every time, when I connect 411S :confused: (when it goes with CD-RW on the same bus, or no, like earler)

In ECS (Elitegroup) site I found drivers and download for my motherboard. But nothing work, they can not update, something like error was, or corupt…

Then I try to update my self “VIA Bus Master IDE controller” drivers through properties/driver/update driver/advanced and take Microsoft IDE driver (it works only in safe mode, while in normal mode show blue screen after drivers update operation). After restart in properties/general I see again “Manufactured” -> VIA Technologies, but not Microsoft…

And finaly, I have no ideas… :frowning:

I just connect my 411S (with CD-RW), like ~100 time earler and turn on my PC in safe mode (it I was 2-3 times before).

Funny, but my PC don’t show any notice (that 411S is connected, or found CD-ROM or anyting) and don’t show blue sceen :slight_smile: In device manager I found 411S near my CD-RW, and everything works! :cool:

After restart I start in normal mode and 411S work, no blue screens and something :slight_smile: After 2-3 hours I will try to burn DVD-Video movie “RED_PANET” to Verbatim DVD+RW 4x and then DVD-R 4x with my DVD+/-RW :slight_smile: I examine 411S and write here 1 more topic, how everything works :wink:

Thanks for help, the problem don’t disappear, after next firmware upgrade we will see :wink: But that I make, maybe it help’s me and you next time!

the problem came that your driver allocated less ressource than asked by the system… By we don’t know why (murphy probably), your 411 drives came after that ressource allocation.
After your manipulation, the situation by luck changed to a normal one…
Why ? i really don’t know… There is probably an answer but a technical one…

i saw a lot of stranges things, and most of them have no answer til now…
By the way your problem is solved…
Write it down elsewhere and in the future if happens again… try it again… Maybee will it work…