Contest: Win Full Version of BullGuard Internet Security!

Participate in this contest and WIN!

Giveaway time at MyCE! :smiley: BullGuard has made available 10 full versions of BullGuard V10.0. You can win a BullGuard Internet Security V10.0 by participating in this contest.

Read all about BullGuard Internet Security in this great Hands-On review by Mr. Belvedere :clap: .

Hands-On: BullGuard Internet Security Review.

As you can see from the review, BullGuard Internet Security is great if you care about Internet Security but don’t know too much about Internet Security. If you haven’t got a virus scanner already, this is your chance to win one for free!

All you have to do is the following:

1. Provide an example of what happened when your computer got infected with a virus,

OR

2. Provide an example of what you did when someone was in need of help when his/her computer got infected with a virus.

In order to enter the contest, just react on the contest here, or send your submission to contest[at]myce.com.
Feel free to add images or even videos to your contest entry, standing out from the crowd might improve your chances!

This contest is open to all, so anyone from any country can participate.

A very nicely written article, [B]Mr B[/B] :clap::clap:

I agree very nice job on the layout and very informative Mr. Belvedere :clap: :clap:

[B]SJ[/B]

Thank you people. It means a lot to me.

I wish i had more resources to put the firewall to a more extensive test.

The layout seems a bit odd when opening the article in Mozilla Firefox.

Layout problems in Firefox should be fixed now :wink:

Great job Mr B, nicely written and I enjoyed reading it :clap: :clap:

Hm, I guess contributions to the contest belong here, also :wink:

[B]Provide an example of what you did when someone was in need of help when his/her computer got infected with a virus[/B]

Step 1 (remote): rough check what’s wrong and first damage estimation. This can even be done remotely with Teamviewer or similar. Malware that is just lying around (in a spam folder for example) and has not been executed can safely be deleted.

Step 2 (onsite): Scan the system with one (or better: at least two) Antivirus Live CDs. This is for damage estimation purpose only. “Security Software” that is running on an infected and compromised system can’t be trusted any more. In simple cases (depends on the malware found) cleaning might be possible with some luck.

Step 3 (onsite): Boot the system from a Linux Live CD in order to backup the user’s data. Also the owner is advised to change his passwords for the online services he is using which he should do right now. Last action of that step is wiping the HDD (to be more precise: the system partition).

Step 4 (onsite): Boot system from OS install disc. Reinstalling operating system. Explaining the user what he had done wrong. On demand, additional hardening of the system. No additional software required.

That’s it. :smiley:

Michael

P.S.: I do not indend to win anything here.

Nice article Mr B, well done! :clap::clap:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=mciahel;2553017]Step 1 (remote): rough check what’s wrong and first damage estimation. This can even be done remotely with Teamviewer or similar. Malware that is just lying around (in a spam folder for example) and has not been executed can safely be deleted.[/quote] I don’t think it’s wise to leave an infected system connected to the internet.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2553054]I don’t think it’s wise to leave an infected system connected to the internet.[/QUOTE]You are absolutely correct about that :iagree:
But after getting the usual “my computer does crazy things” telephone call, I prefer to have a look remotely instead of jumping into my car immediately since the information transmitted via phone isn’t very useful in 90% of all cases :wink:

Michael.

I am only a novice computer user so when I started my computer one morning and things obviously wern;t right because all I could see on my monitor was a whole lot of what appeared to be computer code I panicked and restored my computer to the factory settings and then ran my recovery disks which reformatted my hard drive I found out later i had virus. If i had been using a reputable security programme it would never have happened now I use a free version antivirus, obviously not a solid solution, I would love a chance to win a licence for Bullguard I have heard it is an excellent Security Suite.

Avast Pro V 5.0.677 with Windows Firewall is the best security ever installed on this "Beat-Up “Ole Fart’s” PC… Why mess with something that sounds more Pissy than my 72 Year Old Girlfriend.

i agree with the statements that if a computer is infected your security software is not to be trusted so i would download free trial software that i can use to find out if they can find anything different. now there are tools found in PC mag that will help you find and get rid of some problems but you must know a little about how to surgically cut them out since most problems tend to find a nice place to hide like in your system 32 or other places that if not deleted right will harm you op the system restore works sometime but i think that a lot of times the problem still shows it ugly head i have even seen a virus or worm that attack the security system that is running so i guess first start your system in safe mode run trial security the best out there find problem cut it out and reboot but don’t forget the first and most important back up your most important file and hope that the files don’t transfer to the new hd

1. provide an example …well i kept getting an error and a black screen…so i had to reformat not sure if it was a viruis or what the problem was…but a fresh install and its working just fine now…

2. me help someone…uh well i always reccommend Iobit’s Windows advance care…its just simple to use just click and scan…thats about it…

It was not happened to me, but I was in situation that I need to fix my friend’s computer, which was infected with fake antivirus (XP antivirus, or similar).

My first steps was to find what processes fake antivirus use, then try to kill them, and when it is sucessful, then I go online, and try to find removal tool. If there is no removal tool, then I have to go manually removing the files. First thing is to remove fake antivirus from startup using msconfig. After that I boot Live Linux CD (Puppy), locate the files, then delete them. Next thing is going back to Windows, and find the registry keys that I need to unregister (sometimes it is not necessary, but it is recommended). Final part is to install “real” antivirus.

In most cases I recommend reinstalation of operating system, and after reinstalation, I optimize startup processes, disable activeX components on IE, and put Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome as default browser.

I really want to win!

When my computer got infected last time, it was because my little brother was looking for illegal stuff that he shouldn’t do!

The problems were quite big, because the virus was constant active and could not be killed. Our virus scanner was long expired, and because of the virus many programs did not work.

Finally we asked our neighbour to reinstall the computer :frowning:

[QUOTE=Celina;2557781]
When my computer got infected last time, it was because my little brother was looking for illegal stuff that he shouldn’t do!
[/QUOTE]Why did he have access to an account with administrative permissions? :doh:

Michael

This contest is now closed, and the winners have been notified. Thanks all for participating!

I have been using this product since I won…and I really do like it… Its very user friendly and extremely easy to use…thanks for chosing me :slight_smile: