Consumers more likely to pirate than buy media with DRM

Consumers more likely to pirate than buy media with DRM.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/09/0628vg.jpg[/newsimage]Has the implementation of Digital Rights Management (DRM) actually encouraged more people to illegally download cracked copies of movies or games instead of purchasing legitimate copies? 

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/survey-consumers-more-likely-to-pirate-than-buy-media-with-drm-34124/](http://www.myce.com/news/survey-consumers-more-likely-to-pirate-than-buy-media-with-drm-34124/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

ROTFLMAO.

Given that most people on this forum are technically literate and are aware that DRM is problematic, I question the validity of the results.

I don’t question the the point though. DRM only annoys paying customers, and possibly delay pirate versions by a matter of days, if at all.

Nearly all the games mentioned arrived on torrent sites days/weeks, even months before you could lay your hands on a physical copy in Australia, it’s especially a case with Bluray rips - They arrive months before the physical blurays can be purchased in Oz.

I’m still waiting for resident evil (1) to become available in Oz … 8 months after I bought (2) & (3) :a

Want to stop this kind of crap its really very easy everyone stop buying and renting movies and music for a couple of month I mean everyone and then lets see how the idiots feel with zero income!!Lets not buy any electronics or media for the entire month of November spread the word!!

Make it October, and I’m there :wink:

And to add insult to injury, everyone stock up on Blank Media at the same time :wink:
BAM World recession is over :iagree:

@wizardB
Stop posting the same message across subforums. It is called crossposting and is against forum rules.

[QUOTE=wconeybeer;2543347]Consumers more likely to pirate than buy media with DRM.
[/QUOTE]

This is the result of the studios going after GREED rather then making the media and games more end-user friendly as well as making it so expensive it defeats the purpose of buying and using the media. The Studios will always loose until they get their heads out of the sands and take note that what they are doing only benefits the pirate or p2p sites. The studios can rant and rant but until they face the reality that they themselves are the cause of the problem will it go away or will they face it and fix the problem. Legit users go to p2p sites cause the are frustrated because I buy it why am I being giving frustration to just use the software or do what I want to do with it for my own personal purpose?? Since the studios refuses to fix my last questions the pirate and p2p site will continue to long exist and thrive and expand…so that is the Studios legacy…to come…

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544292]@wizardB
Stop posting the same message across subforums. It is called crossposting and is against forum rules.[/QUOTE]
Kerry
I’m posting this to hundreds of sites its time to hit the mafariaa where they live and ignoring a few site rules is fine by me if it gets the message out before ACTA becomes a fact of our lives!!

@wizardB
If you ignore [B]this[/B] site’s rules, you will no longer be posting here. This wasn’t a request, but a warning.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544315]@wizardB
If you ignore [B]this[/B] site’s rules, you will no longer be posting here. This wasn’t a request, but a warning.[/QUOTE]
How about you just remove me from your site I have no further interest in posting or reading your cark good bye all you’ll find me on sites that believe in free speech!

So what’s the problem with [B]D[/B]oomed [B]R[/B]estrictions [B]M[/B]anagement?

[ul]
[li]DRM only affects [B]paying[/B] customers.[/li][/ul]

[B]How come?[/B]

[ul]
[li]Well, the pirated version does not have DRM![/li][/ul]

Simple. :slight_smile:

Anyone remember this thread?

[QUOTE=wizardB;2544439]How about you just remove me from your site I have no further interest in posting or reading your cark good bye all you’ll find me on sites that believe in free speech![/QUOTE]
Cross-Posting is a rule, because cross-posting is annoying, and can can become confusing if it’s a technical problem, and multiple members are responding to the same post, but in different places.

I tell my missus to give it up, when harping the same lines over and over. Why would online to a random fool be any different?

Suggesting that being warned for cross-posting is somehow an affront to freedom to speech could be compared to if you keep sticking your head in a gas oven and lighting it , and we’ll turn the gas off, is infringing your personal liberties.

Grow up child. Or at least get a clue, fool.

go debro