Consumer organisation: Microsoft marketed Windows 10 too aggressively

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Consumer organisation: Microsoft marketed Windows 10 too aggressively[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/10/windows-10-reservation-install-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft has been too aggressive in trying to convince users to upgrade to Windows 10, according to the Dutch consumer organisation ‘Consumentenbond’.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/consumer-organisation-microsoft-marketed-windows-10-agressively-79405/](http://www.myce.com/news/consumer-organisation-microsoft-marketed-windows-10-agressively-79405/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Rather late to the party aren’t they? Most sane people have been saying exactly the same since this all started months ago. But they wait until it’s nearly over before talking about it, pathetic really.

Why am I not surprised after telling us that 200 mill are using it? Hm…what do you think. Sounds like M$ is blowing alot of hot air about WinX adoptions.

They just noticed? LOL

If MS wasn’t so pushy I would probably still be trying to use Win 95…

I have to admit that the more I use Win 10 the more comfortable I am with it but like most OLD folks like Alan1476 I to dislike change…LOL

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2774287]If MS wasn’t so pushy I would probably still be trying to use Win 95…

I have to admit that the more I use Win 10 the more comfortable I am with it but like most OLD folks like Alan1476 I to dislike change…LOL[/QUOTE]
Well since you know me longer, (I have to admit that is true, but when it comes to computers, I always update. Now that I have been using Windows10 for 10 months I am getting to really like it. :wink:

I like the Windows 10 interface, but I didn’t like the way they tried to force it down my throat, and I am also not impressed with the forced updates that sometimes break things (like e.g. disabling sound by changing to the wrong driver for the sound card).

^ This.
I think I’m old enough, and wise enough to make my own choice.

I still think Windows 10 is Microsoft’s best OS so far.

I held out on Windows 10 for a few months, but then made the move. At first I was switching back and forth between Windows 7 and Windows 10, but have not been on Windows 7 for months. I never used anything before Windows XP and my big decision in those days was moving from 32 bit to 64 bit. As of this moment I would be hard pressed between Windows XP 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit as better. Now that could be the fact that I had them the way I wanted them not the way Microsoft wanted them to be.

Dee
I think I’m old enough, and wise enough to make my own choice.
Right on and ditto.

I almost forgot, (there is always another option.)

I have been running Windows 10 since it release and I have never thought about returning to and earlier operating system.

I am very happy with it and will stick with windows 10 it was free and I installed it on every PC I own and any that I sell go out with windows 10.:slight_smile:

I have upgraded so many laptops and desktops since last July I have lost count:bigsmile:

For those here but overall Win7 still the king of the hill at 50% WinX has yet to get to 50% that tells all one needs to know how badly WinX was developed and attempts to forced older O/S to has gone very badly. Until WinX goes 50% it is still a lost O/S. We can cry til blue in the face but numbers show Win7 isn’t going to go and yet look at Win8 that never took off and notice how no one is talking about how great Win8 was???

While I think Windows 7 is a loosing battle in the long run, M$ latest move where you actually have to actively cancel the upgrade is not going to help them in any way apart from nourishing the spyware/conspiracy thoughts already out there.

Also, as beef barley points out, there are ‘real’ alternatives to the whole M$ baluba out there… We seem to be more busy with make and model instead of realizing it’s all just technology.

It seems to me that accusing Microsoft of marketing Windows 10 “too aggressively” is like accusing Adolph Hitler of being “a little racist”. Microsoft stubbornly insisted in forcing 10 down people’s throats.

Their failed 10 installations have also screwed plenty of their users’ computers, and in doing so, they were faced with absolutely no consequences at all. And, because they didn’t face any consequence, they naturally saw no reason to stop. I mean, they could have seen the damage they’ve done as a reason to stop, but they’re too narcissistic to think that way.