Constant CRC Errors with CloneDVD2

Hello groovers…

I have reinstalled my new copy of CloneDVD2. I had a previous version and the key transferred, but I have a new problem.

The first disc I tried with the new version gave me a CRC Error. (LotR - FotR) I tried a second disc, it too gave me the same errror. (LotR - tTT). I tried again and got three more discs. Live free or Die Hard, the Bourne Ultimatum, and Pirates of the Carribean aWE. All three came up with the same error at various stages of the rip. On some of them I could hit the retry button and it would reacquire and start to rip again but not for long. The CRC errors won out. The first two LotR discs were not in too bad a shape but did have scratches. I cleaned all of them very well. The Pirates was in great shape, the Die Hard was in great shape, and the Bourne disc had just been unpacked and had yet to see a player. It was pristine. The Bourne disc I was able to nudge along and get it finally to 89% before it refuted me FTW.

I have never had these errors before and I have seen some pretty crappy discs. I never really had a problem before now. I flashed my drive back in the spring with DW-D22A-BYS2b. (BYS2.bin) I had used it plenty after the flash and no problems with CloneDVD (1). I am splitting them between two discs so I can get 100% quality.

I tried the discs in my laptop and had no problems except with the Pirates disc. My laptop wouldn’t read it either. The others, straight on through. I have CloneDVD2 and anyDVD on both systems under WinXP. My laptop is a ROM and not a burner.

My big system is a Sony Vaio RB VGC-RB30. Pentium ® 4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 0.99 GB RAM. The drive is a Sony DVD RW DRU-720. (flashed back to DRU-710A) AnyDVD 6.0.1.1 (lic), and Elby CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 (lic) updated from their website yesterday.

I have removed the drive and cleaned it out and cleaned the lens with alcohol. The drive looks brand new now.

This is pissing me off!!

…sorry, little rant there.

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Lox
:flower:

The studios have been releasing allot of bad pressed DVD’s the only thing one can do is return their bought DVD for another and try again. FYI I would update anydvd to 6.3.0.3 as well.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;1960224]The studios have been releasing allot of bad pressed DVD’s the only thing one can do is return their bought DVD for another and try again. FYI I would update anydvd to 6.3.0.3 as well.[/QUOTE]

[B]Ok. Thank you. I will update. Do you know if the license tranferes on install?

So I just have to keep trying?

…and thanks for the “heads up”. [/B]:o

[quote=loxie;1960218]Hello groovers…

I have reinstalled my new copy of [B]CloneDVD2[/B]. I had a previous version and the key transferred, but I have a new problem.

The first disc I tried with the new version gave me a CRC Error. [I](LotR - FotR)[/I] I tried a second disc, it too gave me the same errror. [I](LotR - tTT). [/I]I tried again and got three more discs. [B][I]Live free or Die Hard[/I][/B], [B][I]the Bourne Ultimatum[/I][/B], and [I][B]Pirates of the Carribean aWE[/B][/I]. All three came up with the same error at various stages of the rip. On some of them I could hit the [I]retry[/I] button and it would reacquire and start to rip again but not for long. The CRC errors won out. The first two LotR discs were not in too bad a shape but did have scratches. I cleaned all of them very well. The [B]Pirates[/B] was in great shape, the[B] Die Hard[/B] was in great shape, and the [B]Bourne[/B] disc had just been unpacked and had yet to see a player. It was pristine. The Bourne disc I was able to nudge along and get it finally to 89% before it refuted me FTW.

I have never had these errors before and I have seen some pretty crappy discs. I never really had a problem before now. I flashed my drive back in the spring with [B]DW-D22A-BYS2b[/B]. (BYS2.bin) I had used it plenty after the flash and no problems with [B]CloneDVD[/B] (1). I am splitting them between two discs so I can get 100% quality.

I tried the discs in my laptop and had no problems except with the Pirates disc. My laptop wouldn’t read it either. The others, straight on through. I have CloneDVD2 and anyDVD on both systems under WinXP. My laptop is a ROM and not a burner.

My big system is a [B]Sony Vaio RB VGC-RB30[/B]. Pentium ® 4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 0.99 GB RAM. The drive is a [B]Sony DVD RW DRU-720[/B]. (flashed back to DRU-710A) [B]AnyDVD 6.0.1.1[/B] (lic), and [B]Elby CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2[/B] (lic) updated from their website yesterday.

I have removed the drive and cleaned it out and cleaned the lens with alcohol. The drive looks brand new now.

[I][B]This is pissing me off!![/B][/I]

…sorry, little rant there.

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Lox
:flower:[/quote] I hope you have AnyDVD 6.3.0.0 installed also, if you dont you will get those errors forever. [B]Version 6.0.1.1[/B] is way old, I am surprised it works at all.

Yes the license transfers to the newer version.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1960243]I hope you have AnyDVD 6.3.0.0 installed also, if you dont you will get those errors forever. [B]Version 6.0.1.1[/B] is way old, I am surprised it works at all.[/QUOTE]

[B]Alan, you are my new favourite person! Muuuah!! [/B] :kiss: :flower: :bow:

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;1960268]Yes the license transfers to the newer version.[/QUOTE][B]Thank you so much also[/B] :kiss:

[quote=loxie;1960273][B]Alan, you are my new favourite person! Muuuah!! [/B]:kiss: :flower: :bow:[/quote] And you are my new favorite person loxie, Merry Christmas. LOL:flower:

You’re welcome loxie have a happy holiday.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1960289]And you are my new favorite person loxie, Merry Christmas. LOL:flower:[/QUOTE]

[B]Me? lol. A n00b? He he. Ok. Thank you[/B] :flower: :kiss:

:kiss:[QUOTE=Dr. Who;1960304]You’re welcome loxie have a happy holiday.[/QUOTE]

[B]And you as well then luv.[/B] :kiss: