Consolidate 4 program cd's to one DVD

vbimport

Hi everyone,

First time posting here.
I’d like to do something but I have no idea if it’s possible.

So I got one of those greeting card programs for my mother. Currently it’s in 4 iso’s which are the 4 cd’s. Install, program and 2 art cd’s. I can burn them to 4 cd’s no problem.

What I’d like to know is if it’s at all possible to burn them all to a single dvd and still have them work correctly. My mother has a habit of losing discs so it comes down to whatever is easiest.

If you burn the 4 .ISO files on the dvd and mount them in 4 seperate virtual cd drives using something like Virtual Clone drive and the program can work with 4 different drive letters, then you’re ok.

I had a feeling that would be the suggestion. It would probably be easier to just burn the images to separate cds in that case.

[QUOTE=Reaper1242;2539842]I had a feeling that would be the suggestion. It would probably be easier to just burn the images to separate cds in that case.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Why not make a backup of the cd’s and store the original discs somehwere your mother cannot harm them? :slight_smile:

I do that now with everything. That house is like the black hole of installation disks.

[QUOTE=Reaper1242;2539842]It would probably be easier to just burn the images to separate cds in that case.[/QUOTE]That lies in the eye of the beholder :wink:
If you’d install a (free) virtual drive software like DVDFab Virtual drive (or the already mentioned Virtual Clone Drive) your mother won’t need to grapple with discs at all.

e.g. you create 2 (or 3, i don’t know whether one of the install discs needs to be present when starting the greeting card app) virtual drives in DVDFab Virtual drive, mount the 2 Art CD ISOs. Then open settings and tick “Mount last image automatically”.
This way your mother has to operate nothing at the Virtual drive software at all.

That could also work. I’ll give that a try.
Thanks

Then open settings and tick “Mount last image automatically”.
That sounds like a very cool feature! :bow:

I’ve never used Virtual CloneDrive, to be honest.
Just browsed Google Images for “Virtual CloneDrive” and there is an option to “Automount last Image” as well.
Still full freedom of choice :wink: