Consequence of installing burning software

I really don’t know where to post this in the forum or whether this should be something for my computer techs. Anyway, this is what happened. A friend of mine sent me a vocal e-mai (Goofy, the cartoon character’s laugh). It was an inside joke. Anyway, when I “clicked” on it, it opened up in my iTunes library. It played for 3 secs and stopped. I exited out of iTunes and got the following “warning” message: “The registry settings used by iTunes drivers for importing and exporting CDs and DVDs is missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes.”

The only reason I’m posting here is that I did recently install the trial version of DVDFab Platinum and I installed ImgBurn from Softronics. Could this cause the problem with iTunes or was it most likely that dumb Goofy e-mail The problem didn’t happen until then (about an hour ago),. I installed ImgBurn on January 5, '09, and I had last accessed iTunes with no problems a few days after installing the ImgBurn (excuse the bold; happened by accident).

I have another question related specifically to iTunes, but I’ll post that separately. Perhaps someone will tell me where I should post that thread.:confused:

Anything is possible, although I do have all three of those apps installed and running without any issues. But it isn’t uncommon for certain apps to need to be installed in a certain order for them to function correctly.