Consensus of these DVD+R DL (Memorex branded)

Hella cheap, too tempting. :eek:
From what I read in the reviews the MID of these discs are RITEK-S04-66, correct? I’ve only seen a few scans here on CDFreaks and they were pretty good. If I do go for these, it’ll be the first DL’s I burn and they WILL be used for backups, so longevity is pretty key, without that I won’t even bother. Opinions and experiences welcome. :bow:

My burner is a Samsung SH-S203B (SB04) btw

Did you read the posts in the BLANK MEDIA section???

Did you see scans of those discs that had been burned with a Samsung drive?

You can’t compare the results some of us get with Pioneer and Optiarc burners, because those are the best DL burners. Your results with the Samsung may be disappointing. I personally wouldn’t recommend those for archival use. You should look to find a deal on some Verbatims or Falcons.

In addition, I’ve seen examples of where the RITEK S04 discs under the Memorex brand have appeared to be of lesser quality than the same MID under TDK or other brands. If you’re going to use RITEK S04, then try to find it under a brand other than Memorex. They usually get the lowest quality stuff.

And finally, if longevity is your prime concern, then I would only use Verbatim or Falcon media. Memorex discs are absolutely and definitely not in any way considered to be something you should trust in the long term.

Actually, it was in the Samsung threads where I saw some scans that led me to believe these MID’s burn well on Sammies, go figure. I’ll have to go back and see what brand was mentioned, but Sammies burn DL’s well darn it. :smiley:

No go on the longevity huh, especially from Memorex. I’ll keep that in mind. No biggie, my introduciton into dual-layers was in search for convenience of cutting all my burning operations in half. Gotta find more space for discs.

Never heard of Falcon, I’ll look into those, but something tells me they too are expensive.

Well the old RITEK-S04 discs from Memorex I’ve used were all crap. Mostly coasters. However I just ordered these ones from Newegg for the hell of it and they seem to be ok. These are the ones with the new Memorex logo. The ones with the old logo are the ones that I had problems with. I’m still going to use Verbatim for my xbox360 backups and anything important, but I’ll probably use these for temporary storage.

[QUOTE=Fritzy_NO.1;2298377]Actually, it was in the Samsung threads where I saw some scans that led me to believe these MID’s burn well on Sammies, go figure. I’ll have to go back and see what brand was mentioned, but Sammies burn DL’s well darn it. :smiley:

No go on the longevity huh, especially from Memorex. I’ll keep that in mind. No biggie, my introduciton into dual-layers was in search for convenience of cutting all my burning operations in half. Gotta find more space for discs.

Never heard of Falcon, I’ll look into those, but something tells me they too are expensive.[/QUOTE]

LOL, a MID alone means nada…