Connections: Home Theater, Laptops and HDMI

vbimport

hi to everyone outthere :slight_smile: i’m new to forums discussions so apoligies in advance for the silly questions i may asked .

i recently purchased a LG Home theater system to go with my LG 52’’ hd tv… and managed to connect my ps3 ,tv and was able to connect my lap to hear music file.

i used an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my TV and i can view videos located on my pc on the tv screen, however i can’t hear the audio of the videos through the home theater system?

how can i accomplish this and is it possible?

FYI : i managed to stream my music and vids through my ps3 but the quality of the vids are not the same as when i connected my laptop via hdmi cable to tv…hmm why nt i asked sinced my tv is hdmi and the ps3 is connected via hdmi as well?

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Fantis;2536877]
i used an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my TV and i can view videos located on my pc on the tv screen, however i can’t hear the audio of the videos through the home theater system?

how can i accomplish this and is it possible?[/quote]Perhaps you need to select HDMI audio output in your playback software.

Michael

[QUOTE=Fantis;2536877]hi to everyone outthere :slight_smile: i’m new to forums discussions so apoligies in advance for the silly questions i may asked .

i recently purchased a LG Home theater system to go with my LG 52’’ hd tv… and managed to connect my ps3 ,tv and was able to connect my lap to hear music file.

how can i accomplish this and is it possible?

FYI : i managed to stream my music and vids through my ps3 but the quality of the vids are not the same as when i connected my laptop via hdmi cable to tv…hmm why nt i asked sinced my tv is hdmi and the ps3 is connected via hdmi as well?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what connections you have on the home cinema system and I’m not sure whether you have a separates system or an all in one system but basically you need to connect the laptop to the home cinema system with the output from it going to the TV.

HDMI from the laptop to the home cinema system then HDMI from it to the TV will give the best quality if you can connect it that way.

In fact in general all sources should be connected to the A/V Receiver with one HDMI going to the TV.

It depends on what connections you have available as to whether or not you can do that though.

With regard to streaming via the PS3 the quality should be the same unless there’s some sort of dynamic rescaling taking place.

Some devices are more capable at upscaling than others and depending on which device is doing the upscaling you may notice a difference in quality.

[B]Wombler[/B]

thank you very much for all the help, i realised that my receiver may only play dvd in surround sound, i tested it and it worked , my radio stations and PS3 play only with front left and right speakers but hey the sound is much better than the tv stero sound ahah.

it only has one HDMI point, one scart and 1 component connected steups my darn TV is more updated than the receiver :(:doh:

thanks again for your help it was much appreciated.:cool: