Connection via usb to tv

vbimport

I have a 32PFL9606 full HD 3D TV.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>
Last week I bought a Samsung SE-506 Blu Ray writer.<o:p></o:p>
As far as I could read in the specifications of the Blu Ray writer, I thought I could play 3D Blu Ray movies on my TV.<o:p></o:p>
The writer has a double USB connection and also the TV has 2 USB ports.<o:p></o:p>
However, when I connect the writer to the TV, the TV indicates that the USB station is empty.<o:p></o:p>
The Blu Ray writer has no remote control or any buttons to start, pause or stop a movie.<o:p></o:p>
Is there a possibility to change the double USB connections into HDMI without loosing quality or 3D functionality as apparently the TV needs a HDMI connection to recognize the Blu Ray writer as such.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks in advance.<o:p></o:p>

The blue ray has to be connected thru a computer to work, then you could use the computer to play to the tv. Welcome to the forum.

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2667720]The blue ray has to be connected thru a computer to work, then you could use the computer to play to the tv. Welcome to the forum.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Jethro for your fast reply.
I already had the blue ray connected to the tv via my laptop and that works. However, then I am not capable to see the 3D.

Check Samsung support sites!

There are many 506 variations, and most of them are [B]NOT AV compatible[/B] at all!

[QUOTE=derray;2667795]
I already had the blue ray connected to the tv via my laptop and that works. However, then I am not capable to see the 3D.[/QUOTE]This is most likely not a problem that is related to the drive.

Try Cyberlink’s BD and 3D Advisor tool to see if your system meets all requirements:
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp

Michael