Connection Type Digital (without HDCP)

vbimport

Here is my setup:

[ul]
[li]Radion HD4850 video card (XFX HD-485X-ZDFC )[/li][li]Dell 2407WFP monitor[/li][li]Pioneer BDR-203BK Blu-Ray burner/player[/li][li]connected via DVI-D Dual Link cables ~27ft[/li][/ul]
Everything is HDCP capable per the manufacturer.

I have tried Total Media Theatre 3 and own PowerDVD 9 Ultra. No matter what I do, a Blu-Ray movie only plays for 10 seconds or less before stopping. PowerDVD has the BD Advisor and when I run it I receive the following error: Connection Type: Digital (without HDCP).

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix this. Since everything connected is HDCP capable, I can’t figure out how I am getting this incompatibility. I have also asked XFX and Cyberlink but wanted to see if anyone here has thoughts. Also, I am aware of a program called AnyDVD-HD but would like to fix this if possible.

Thanks,

Mallard27

According to Google your monitor doesn’t fully support HDCP which means you can either buy a HDCP-“decrypter”-box or a new monitor to fix it.
//Danne

[QUOTE=Mallard27;2494966]Here is my setup:

[ul]
[li]Radion HD4850 video card (XFX HD-485X-ZDFC )[/li][li]Dell 2407WFP monitor[/li][li]Pioneer BDR-203BK Blu-Ray burner/player[/li][li]connected via DVI-D Dual Link cables ~27ft[/li][/ul]
Everything is HDCP capable per the manufacturer.

I have tried Total Media Theatre 3 and own PowerDVD 9 Ultra. No matter what I do, a Blu-Ray movie only plays for 10 seconds or less before stopping. PowerDVD has the BD Advisor and when I run it I receive the following error: Connection Type: Digital (without HDCP).

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix this. Since everything connected is HDCP capable, I can’t figure out how I am getting this incompatibility. I have also asked XFX and Cyberlink but wanted to see if anyone here has thoughts. Also, I am aware of a program called AnyDVD-HD but would like to fix this if possible.

Thanks,

Mallard27[/QUOTE]

Even though the 2407WFP is HDCP compliant, it will not allow a 1080i signal through its DVI port. This is due to the 2407WFP’s lack of a de-interlacer in the VGA/DVI ports. This holds true for earlier revisions, but I don’t know if this issue was ever fixed in later revisions of this monitor.

:cool::cool:

That probably isn’t the issue since you don’t (usually) output 1080i to a monitor
//Danne

Maybe not, don’t know all the details and I don’t know what he is thinking.

Some reading for ya Mallard27, The article is a little old, but gives you some constructive insight.

[B]Link:[/B] http://vissione.wordpress.com/2006/10/23/1080p-for-cheap-dell-2407wfp/

Wouldn’t hurt to browse through a dell forum discussion either and see whats up.

[B]Link:[/B] http://forums.vr-zone.com/hardware-arena/90808-official-dell-2407wfp-discussion-thread.html

:cool::cool:

Thanks Everyone. I contacted Dell and they told me this monitor fully supports HDCP including 1080p:
Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Dell Warranty Support. I understand that you are getting an error when trying to play DVD using 1080p HDCP on your 2407WFPb monitor. I apologize for the inconvenience that you have been experiencing. I appreciate your patience with this matter and I am glad that you e-mailed us to help you.

Yes, this monitor supports HDCP.

Video Supported Modes

Video display capabilities (DVI playback) 480p/576p/720p/1080p (Supports HDCP) Video display capabilities (Composite playback) NTSC/PAL Video display capabilities (S-Video playback) NTSC/PAL Video display capabilities (Component playback) 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i

You may refer to the following:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2407WFP/en/ug/about.htm#Specifications

Moving forward, this article may be helpful to your concern: