Connecting 2 computers

hi i have got the lead that connects 2 computers to each other and i dont really know anything about what it can and cant do so i ask if anyone who knows alot or anything about this could they please fill me in on what the good things and bad things about doing this are, like can you connect to the inteernet whit both when connected? and any thing else i would be most greatful thanks;.:iagree:

It depends on how close the cumputer are to each other. You can network them (LAN) wired or wireless (with a router), link them with a USB cable. More information from you is needed.

[QUOTE=darren1984;1958516]hi i have got the lead that connects 2 computers to each other and i dont really know anything about what it can and cant do so i ask if anyone who knows alot or anything about this could they please fill me in on what the good things and bad things about doing this are, like can you connect to the inteernet whit both when connected? and any thing else i would be most greatful thanks;.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

What “lead” do you have?

Mine are both connected to a Belkin router, which is connected to my cable modem. Both PCs are running XP SP2, and I set up the network within XP. Both connect to the Internet just fine.

I’m sure there are other ways, but mine’s working just peachy for me. :)…I have a wired network BTW.

Good thing about it? Transferring large files back and forth without having to use CD/DVD RW. :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to tutorial http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/07/connecting-two-computers-with.html with a lot of info if you still need it.