Connect my new LED HDTV to laptop to gain best pic quality

vbimport

I’ve had differing advice from the High Street stores when I attempted to obtain connecting leads between the Graphics card in my Laptop and an LP 37LH4000 HDTV.
On the Laptop I think I’m correct in saying the option is a VGA port and what I think is the better DVI port. The TV has many HDMI/DVI in ports and an RGB in (PC) port.
At Curry’s when I said my Laptop didn’t have HDMI I lost the attention of the salesman. PC World was really low on stock but suggested I buy an HDMI to HDMI lead then come back in the future for a HDMI to DVI converter to go in the Laptop, I still wouldn’t have been up and running so waited to get the whole lot together.
I thought this was going to be so easy with both items packed with all sorts of ports and connectors. Now I have the advantage of 1080p & 100Hz can you please help me set things up to get the best use of the system.:confused:

I would go with a DVI to HDMI adapter and hook it up that way.

According to these specs I do not see a DVI input on the TV

What make and model laptop are we talking about here?

[QUOTE=bean55;2533719]What make and model laptop are we talking about here?[/QUOTE]

Yup, we need to know the specs of the laptop especially the video card that’s in it.

You might be lucky enough that it’s and ATI, and it supports ATI proprietary DVI-D to HDMI dongle that allows 1080p video as well as 5.1 audio to pass through.

:cool::cool:

Thanks for your replies guys, sadly the card isn’t ATI but a NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7600 in a Toshiba satellite P100-429 full details : http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=UK&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&PRODUCT_ID=122780#0
Thanks for your efforts.

Hi,

indeed, the best option is to use the DVI connector of your Laptop and connect it to one of the HDMI plugs of your TV. You either need a HDMI<->DVI adapter (inexpensive!) or a DVI - HDMI cable. Example: http://www.reichelt.de/?ACTION=3;ARTICLE=69658;PROVID=2402

Additionally, you need to establish an audio connection from Line-Out of the Laptop to a Line-In of your TV in order to get the sound there.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2533897]Hi,

indeed, the best option is to use the DVI connector of your Laptop and connect it to one of the HDMI plugs of your TV. You either need a HDMI<->DVI adapter (inexpensive!) or a DVI - HDMI cable. Example: http://www.reichelt.de/?ACTION=3;ARTICLE=69658;PROVID=2402

Additionally, you need to establish an audio connection from Line-Out of the Laptop to a Line-In of your TV in order to get the sound there.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thanks Michael for the info and for pointing out the HDMI-DVI does not carry the audio. Can’t believe the lead in your example is only €6 :confused:
Thanks for all contributors :clap:

[QUOTE=swog;2538496] Can’t believe the lead in your example is only €6 :confused:[/quote]:bigsmile: Indeed, this shop is really cheap with their cables.

Thanks for all contributors :clap:
You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

Michael