Confusion over BDR-208DBK

vbimport

Just purchased in the UK a blu-ray writer I ordered a bdr-208dbk from scan.co.uk but I am not sure that is what I have got. The main label on the drive says it is a BDR-207BDK but there is a smaller label which says it is BDR-208DBK. When it is installed my computer identifies it as a
BDR-207DBK with 1.21 firmware.

Please can anyone clarify the situation and also tell me if I should use firmware updates for the 208 or 207.

[QUOTE=trevorharris;2673185]Just purchased in the UK a blu-ray writer I ordered a bdr-208dbk from scan.co.uk but I am not sure that is what I have got. The main label on the drive says it is a BDR-207BDK but there is a smaller label which says it is BDR-208DBK. When it is installed my computer identifies it as a

Please can anyone clarify the situation and also tell me if I should use firmware updates for the 208 or 207.[/QUOTE]

The current BDR-208D firmware is version 1.10. For the BDR-207D it’s 1.30. So you received the 207D. Before you consider flashing to 1.30, can you return it for the later model?

[QUOTE=trevorharris;2673185]Just purchased in the UK a blu-ray writer I ordered a bdr-208dbk from scan.co.uk but I am not sure that is what I have got. The main label on the drive says it is a BDR-207BDK but there is a smaller label which says it is BDR-208DBK. When it is installed my computer identifies it as a

Please can anyone clarify the situation and also tell me if I should use firmware updates for the 208 or 207.[/QUOTE]

That’s definitely a BDR-207BDK not a 208. Most unusual for Scan to make such a mistake … they are a highly reputable retailer …

If you contact them and explain the situation, I’m sure they’ll sort it out for you without costing you a penny, which is exactly what should happen since it is the retailer’s responsibility to supply the correct goods in the first place, and you shouldn’t have to pay for their mistake…

Maybe ask them to do a ‘collect on delivery’ … send you a proper 208 and collect the 207 when they are delivering the 208?