Confused

vbimport

ok the movie gone baby gone ripped to hdd and then made a copy worked fine then made copy to keep in kids room it quit about half way try again 3rd try all i had was preveiws and no movie 4th try went to open it and error come up saying dvd received no info on this disc anyone know what has happened to my data still show size 4.19 gb 2 folders on hdd but nothing will pick it up even tried imgburn no success there either

[QUOTE=chevyeightalot;2003781]ok the movie gone baby gone ripped to hdd and then made a copy worked fine then made copy to keep in kids room it quit about half way try again 3rd try all i had was preveiws and no movie 4th try went to open it and error come up saying dvd received no info on this disc anyone know what has happened to my data still show size 4.19 gb 2 folders on hdd but nothing will pick it up even tried imgburn no success there either[/QUOTE]

Hi chevyeightalot
We could use some info to start working on your problem,
System you are running
Brand and type of blank media you are usingWhich DVDFab product are you using and the settings for write
also name,model and firmware of your burner

ok windows xp sp2 media verbatim dvd+r if that matters dvdfab plat sony dvd rw dru-830a checked all updates are curent but all of that i don’t think has anything to do with where did my info go i had it it did work but now it is gone i am going to delete the file of the movie and put it back in and see what happens but any more help would help

please post VSO and ImgBurn burn logs.

off topic:

recently i had backed up a double disc scoobie doo the movie. both disc worked great in one dvd player and in both dvd drives on the computer. however my other dvd player would not even play one disc and the second disc skipped every other minute. both disc tested good with a quality scan. strange? so i just threw those out and re-did both disc. both now play perfect.???

ok maybe i am missing something here ya’ll keep saying media burn log but my problem is it will not burn any more when i try to open it it pops up a feed back page says failed to get dvd info i am tring to figure out where my info went because as i said it was there i did use it but now it is gone

i went back and read over your previous post. i can already tell you what your problem is before you post the new logs. its your burner.

New Drive selected : 1:0:0 - MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S 1.60 [D] (Ide)

i see you have gotten the verbatim as Jimbo suggested. has this helped out. seems like you have more trouble going on than just a few bad burns.

[QUOTE=chevyeightalot;1993080]i can be backing up my movies and between back ups my drive will just disappear not even show up in my computer i can restore my pc and there it is again has done this a couple of times today just wondering[/QUOTE]

have you downloaded and ran the programs i suggested in your external hard drive thread? if you are going to spend the money, id first get an external usb dvd writer. that burner is trouble.

in your original post you said you made one good copy, then 2nd and 3rd copies failed. so if you have one good copy you must have a burn log. but dont worry about it, your problems are not with dvdfab. you have some funky shit going on with your system.

p.s. please use punctuation when posting. its hard to understand with one long sentence.

[QUOTE=chevyeightalot;2004376]ok windows xp sp2 media verbatim dvd+r if that matters dvdfab plat sony dvd rw dru-830a checked all updates are curent but all of that i don’t think has anything to do with where did my info go i had it it did work but now it is gone i am going to delete the file of the movie and put it back in and see what happens but any more help would help[/QUOTE]

two diferent pc this post was about my laptop…if the problem is not with fab why did imgburn do it when i tried it… dvdfab only will not pick up the file so that is why i am in a dvdfab forum tring to get some help from people that can’t read unless there is a period at the end of my sentence…

[QUOTE=chevyeightalot;2003781]nothing will pick it up [U]even tried imgburn[/U] no success there either[/QUOTE]

i quit trying to give free help to people who assume they know what is wrong but refuse to help the people trying to help them and then get smart all i was trying to do was understand you better sorry if my free help was to much trouble for you post the burn log dont post the burn log i dont care anymore you have twentyone post here and all twentyone are you having trouble please learn how to use a computer :a im out

ok maybe i was wrong but i asumed this was a place to get help but maybe it is a place to belittle people and make them think they are stupid and that you know more than they do i just wanted to know what could have happened to my info it was there now it is gone if it will not pull it up to burn i believe it will not leave a burn log the one that pulled up and burned was good the other 2 skipped ,paused what ever they didn’t work bad media before i got verb. but after all of that now fab will not pull it up just wondering if anyone knew why didnot need to go back to school to learn how to use periods never said i was a smart guy just wanted a little help must have come to the wrong place or maybe just got the wroung guy to answer

I’m not a computer tech and never had this happen to me. Since you have on hdd already why not try dvdshrink and then burn with nero if you have. I not know how to fix your problem but this is something else you can try, if you not try already.

thanks gj but i deleted the file on my hhd and recopied to hdd and works fine again using imgburn it would report something like video 6 file invailed so i deleted that 1 part of the file and it would burn just don’t know what happened to the file after the first couple of burns but then again fab would not even pick it up we may never know sorry if i seemed like an ass for a bit but i just didn’t think my log or dvd drive would have anything to do with dvdfab picking it up once again I AM SORRY

[QUOTE=chevyeightalot;2005078]thanks gj but i deleted the file on my hhd and recopied to hdd and works fine again using imgburn it would report something like video 6 file invailed so i deleted that 1 part of the file and it would burn just don’t know what happened to the file after the first couple of burns but then again fab would not even pick it up we may never know sorry if i seemed like an ass for a bit but i just didn’t think my log or dvd drive would have anything to do with dvdfab picking it up once again I AM SORRY[/QUOTE]

chevyeightalot
Please let me explain a few things OK,…
The DVDFab section has many many members with lots of issues and problems which most of the time the problems can be resolved by info that is listed in the burn logs, so this is just one part of the info that is needed by other members who takes their own time to help other members who are asking for help, Troy my good friend and fellow member is a GREAT asset to the help squad :clap::clap::clap: to you Troy.
also don’t remember you stating …"[B]video 6 file invailed so i deleted[/B]",…if you would have said this at the start of your thread then you most likely would have gotten a more indepth response from the other members trying to help you out with your problem.
What may not make since to you do however make since to others
Just deleting a VOB file makes the whole movie structure invalid unless you use another software program to edit the files,…this could be why ImgBurn was unable to deal with the movie folder also and just not DVDFab

Have a nice weekend and welcome to the DVDFab forum :flower:

Hi chevyeightalot,

Just an FYI to add to Troy and SJ’s comments.
Please understand that this is not meant to demean or belittle you or anyone else.
It’s not about spelling and grammer, but there a few things that anyone asking for help should realize.

When you type a post, please type as you would speak.
When you pause or complete a particular thought, please type a period, hit enter and start a new sentence.

No one cares if words are misspelled or a sentence is grammatically incorrect.
It all comes down to readability and comprehension.

Frequently, the info we need to help a member is not posted.
As Troy said, it’s incredibly frustrating to have to ask for the same info over and over and often within the same thread; and all too often, the questions are never answered.
Then to have to decipher a block of print that’s like reading hieroglyphics, it just becomes too much.

We’re people too and we’re entitled to be frustrated.
It’s simply common courtesy and common sense to expect people to put forth a reasonable effort when requesting help.
I mean, it’s free!..all you have to do is ask for help in a reasonable manner.

Ask yourself this.
Why should we (remember that we’re not paid nor under any obligation to help) have to work harder simply because people are lazy?

howdoyoufeelaboutreadingsomethinglikethisbecausesometimesi’mnotsurewheretoputpunctauationorifit’sacompletesentenceandanywayidon’tknowwhyitwouldmatterbutmaybeitdoestosomeoneanywaywhatiwantedtoaskyouwasdidyiueverfigureoutwhatyourprobelisanddidyougetitfixedi’mnotsureaboutyoubutbythetimeifugurethisoutandthepersonisn’tansweringmyquestionssoicangettheinfoineedtohrelphimwelli’mprobablynotgoingtoworkatthisforverylong

My hats off to you maineman and the rest of the help squad !! You guys go above and beyond the call. ~ Mike

[QUOTE=astone2665;2005573]My hats off to you maineman and the rest of the help squad !! You guys go above and beyond the call. ~ Mike[/QUOTE]

ditto

I thank all of you for being here:clap::clap:

bean55

ok maybe it was unread.
but i did say i was sorry.
i do apriact the help.
imgburn would not do the file until i deleted the vidoe–6 or what it said was wrong can remember right now.
but then it wrote it .
but once again i am sorry my bad.

chevyeightalot

All said and done my friend
Cheers…and have a nice weekend :flower:
:cool:

[QUOTE=chevyeightalot;2005693]ok maybe it was unread.
but i did say i was sorry.
i do apriact the help.
imgburn would not do the file until i deleted the vidoe–6 or what it said was wrong can remember right now.
but then it wrote it .
but once again i am sorry my bad.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2005713]chevyeightalot

All said and done my friend
Cheers…and have a nice weekend :flower:
:cool:[/QUOTE]

Hi again chevy,

I didn’t mean to chew your a$$…you just became a poster boy of sorts…the target of our frustrations.

No need to apologize, no one is mad at you.
You are welcome anytime and and we’ll be glad to try to help.

I would personally like to compliment you on your courtesy and willingness to come back and talk to us.
And thanks for the new format…much easier to understand.

As SJ said,
Cheers…and have a nice weekend.

im sorry too. :slight_smile: no excuse for my behavior, if i was upset i should have just logged off. :iagree:

looks like i should have stopped with post #4.

even though it was off topic so to speak, somehow it just felt right to post at that time. seems like this was the solution to his problem. :stuck_out_tongue: