Confused about some settings in CCD

vbimport

I would just like you guys to answer a simple question... :wink:
In CCD settings, there are two tabs called "Auto Insert Notification" and "Auto Play", if I change the settings in here, does it only chnage the CCD seetings and not windows?

also for this:
Play Data Discs automatically - If this box is checked, data discs are started automatically.
Play Audio Discs automatically - If this box is checked, Audio Discs are played automatically.

does it mean after CCD created a CD, it autoplays that disc if it is checked... :confused:

I really need help here :frowning:

no

it just disables or enables a windows setting

if you insert a cd in your drive to copy t…you do not want it to play or to install…so the burner software disables it

if you insert a cd in your drive to copy t…you do not want it to play or to install…so the burner software disables it

Can you explain this a little bit more…
I’m confused :confused:
Are you meaning that CloneCD will disable the autorun even if the autorun is checked?

Like for example, I burned a game cd w/ autorun, and I got autorun enabled, so CloneCD will not run the autorun after it’s burning job is finished? :confused:

it is possible that when a burning program wants to acces a cd…windows think it has to run the cd and try to install the software…
when this happens the burning sodtware will not be able to copy or burn and you will get a coaster.

That is why many burningsoftwares wil disable auto-run

Some software disable it temporarely and some disable it till you enable it in windows again

Play Data Discs automatically - If this box is checked, data discs are started automatically.
Play Audio Discs automatically - If this box is checked, Audio Discs are played automatically.

So does that disables it temp.?

Too my knowledge CloneCD disables these options permanently (by tweaking options in your device manager or the registry, depeding on your os)

But there are no such options as Play data or audio disc…
Maybe that’s only for CloneCD…

I think only the checkboxes part is for Windows… :confused:

Sorry, don’t understand what you are saying…

A ‘feature’ of Windows is the ability to auto-play data-cd’s and audio-cd’s. For this feature it is using the option ‘auto insert notification’. Programs like CloneCD don’t want Windows to autoplay cds because they want to use there own reading routines. That is why you are urged to disable these options.

Yes the autorun feature will be disabled in windows permanently by clonecd…unless you unistall clonecd …this would be a tragedy or you change the setting…