Confused ABout DVDfab

vbimport

I have a lifetime license for DVDFAB. I have been using Version 9-p.1.4.2 for the past year with no difficulties with either dvd’s or blu rays. Suddenly today, I get an error message saying " unknown error. Please check on the website to see if there is an update.

Is this likely somehow related to the recent court decision? If I download the most recent update, do I lose my ability to use the program for decryption? There doesnt seem to be any clear information on the DVD website!.

[QUOTE=SueE;2752062]I have a lifetime license for DVDFAB. I have been using Version 9-p.1.4.2 for the past year with no difficulties with either dvd’s or blu rays. Suddenly today, I get an error message saying " unknown error. Please check on the website to see if there is an update.

Is this likely somehow related to the recent court decision? If I download the most recent update, do I lose my ability to use the program for decryption? There doesnt seem to be any clear information on the DVD website!.[/QUOTE]

It depends on whether you’re based in the US and what it is you’re trying to decrypt.

There are now two versions of DVDFab the US version and the International version.

Decryption of Blu-rays has been removed from the US version but it will still decrypt DVDs.

I think v9.1.4.6. was the last version before the separate US version was introduced.

Oh and welcome to the forums BTW. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

SueE

Please read this (from the website) for more information: http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_decryption_faq.htm#how_to_faq