Confused ,1Click DVD Copy- VSO or LG software?

I wonder if someone could help me understand this : i found the CopyToDVD program from VSO http://www.vso-software.fr/dvdvideo.php
I tried it out , and it is an easy to use program ; on the VSO site is also a prog named : 1CLICK DVD COPY , i thought , since i like their "copy to dvd"prog so i will try out this software from them called : 1CLICK DVD COPY
Then i read on the LG site , http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/copytodvd.asp : if you buy 1CLICK DVD COPY 5 you get : CopyToDVD SE is a light version of the famous CopyToDVD program from ‘VSO Software’.
What am i missing here? nearly identical names, different programs ,confused 1

Thanks lin

Same program, only somewhat limited in the SE version. The author of 1Click uses the Pattin Coffin (PC) drivers from VSO for burning. LG software does recommend that if you use “copytodvd” that you use the SE version they offer. However LG now has the PC driver embedded in their program so it will probably not matter if you have the full VSO version installed.

I have not used the SE version for some time but I think the main thing different was the lack of “erase” feature was the main thing missing in the SE.

Also the SE is a limited version of the older CopytoDVD version 3, and the current VSO version 4 is a nice update to the program.

hope this helps and welcome to the forum

Thank you for helping me out , it’s all clear to me now !

Cheers ,Lin

Good job Kipper.:clap:

Hi guys. Glad google is our friend because I was a lil thrown off by this myself. I bought the 1 Click Copy To Dvd 5 and it gave me the CopytoDVD SE bundle also. Now the se I have is version 4.0.4, but I see there’s a updated version in plain CopytoDVD which is 4.1.9. Can you explain if I can update to that newer version of CopytoDVD since I have the SE version, or do I have to pay for a update or something? Kinda confused me as well. Nice lil app. to have to complement all the big goodies like Fab. Thnx.

[QUOTE=dr_ml422;2181502]Hi guys. Glad Google is our friend because I was a lil thrown off by this myself. I bought the 1 Click Copy To DVD 5 and it gave me the CopytoDVD SE bundle also. Now the SE I have is version 4.0.4, but I see there’s a updated version in plain CopytoDVD which is 4.1.9. Can you explain if I can update to that newer version of CopytoDVD since I have the SE version, or do I have to pay for a update or something? Kinda confused me as well. Nice lil app. to have to complement all the big goodies like Fab. Thnx.[/QUOTE]

[B]COPYTODVD: [COLOR=“Blue”]4.1.9[/B][/COLOR]- Is the Retail version of CopytoDVD - from VSO
You will need a separate license for CopytoDVD - purchased from VSO

Your 1Click license only entitles you to register
the SE Version of CopytoDVD offered at the LGSI Download site
http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/download.asp

If you do Purchase the Retail version of CopytoDVD from VSO
You’ll need to remove the SE version first
There are some Issues incurred

• when Installing the retail CopytoDVD over the LGSI Licensed version

:slight_smile:

Thank you very much shannon. I knew something was up just not exactly sure what it was. I did download the .exe for 4.1.9 but something told me not to run it until I was sure about my post.

So I guess every time I update my 1ClickDVDCopy 5 registration once a year they’ll update the se as well? Let me know if in fact this is correct. Thnx.

[QUOTE=dr_ml422;2181763]Thank you very much shannon. I knew something was up just not exactly sure what it was. I did download the .exe for 4.1.9 but something told me not to run it until I was sure about my post.

So I guess every time I update my 1ClickDVDCopy 5 registration once a year they’ll update the SE as well? Let me know if in fact this is correct. Thnx.[/QUOTE]

CopytoDVD SE is a free bonus included under your 1Click Registration

Yes , As long as your 1Click registration is in full force ( renewed )

• Your CopytoDVD SE will be also

Thnx. Using CopytoDVD SE isn’t that difficult since being familiar w/using all the other familiar apps. we all use. If I wanted some additional tutorial or guide, would the guides for the regular CopytoDVD suffice? If so, or whether some other guide can you provide a link? I’ve searched, but haven’t been able to come up w/one. I have the link to your 1ClickDVDCopy which is great. Tell you the truth before I posted this question here about SE, I posted in both LG’s and VSO’s forums and neither replied as of yet. So believe me I’m grateful for your help.

Happy Holidays to all.

[QUOTE=dr_ml422;2182516]Thnx. Using CopytoDVD SE isn’t that difficult since being familiar w/using all the other familiar apps. we all use. If I wanted some additional tutorial or guide, would the guides for the regular CopytoDVD suffice? If so, or whether some other guide can you provide a link? I’ve searched, but haven’t been able to come up w/one. I have the link to your 1ClickDVDCopy which is great. Tell you the truth before I posted this question here about SE, I posted in both LG’s and VSO’s forums and neither replied as of yet. So believe me I’m grateful for your help.

Happy Holidays to all.[/QUOTE]

You mean this post at LGSI ?
[B]copytodvdse with 1click DVD copy 5 [/B]
You probably just needed to lead with more questions
I’m sure that they would have been answered

The SE and the Retail Versions of CopytoDVD

• are essentially the same
    the SE version is just/as an OEM version - licensed through LGSI
    So Yes , The retail version’s Guide , in most cases - would suffice
    Except for a few ‘bells and whistles’ - they are essentially the same Program

I don’t have CopytoDVD installed at present

• but I’m pretty sure it comes with a 'Help file"
    Look up toward the top in the CopytoDVD toolbar
    Click on the “[B] ? [/B]” … If I remember correctly

Yup. That is the thread. They did answer. Guess I forgot to check off instant e-mail notifications. It was really late when I joined that day. Thnx for the guide. I downloaded and saved it.

LG’s forum answered back. VSO didn’t. 2 out of 3 isn’t bad.

Hi shannon. I noticed that the se version in fact is limited somewhat. I can’t use the depot function or even the automatic write function. Unless I’m totally lost and couldn’t figure it out. Also it was a task having to manually delete each file after burning, and not being able to load multiple files into the window w/out it being fully calculated and telling me there wasn’t enough space to copy to a disc. I’m very interested in learning this and would appreciate all the help. I know for a fact that VSO puts out a quality product, so there isn’t a reason to not get the full version after trying out se.

However it’s limited and I couldn’t even fully implement the manager either, which essentially is what se offers.

Excuse the double post but couldn’t find the edit button.

Hi
Is it a bad thing to have both copytodvd SE and also copytodvd?
Somehow, I have both and am not sure which to delete…I was prompted to download the latest version of copytodvd which I did and this is how I have both now.
The copytodvd SE was a bonus program when I bought the 1clickdvdcopy pro, which I just love.
Thanks for any advice.
Angie

@ shannon I finally figured out what I was posting concerning the SE. Went through one of the techs over at VSO and she broke it down for me. SE is quite limited. The guide helped also. Kind of lightly touches the surface, but better than what I was doing. Thnx.

@ Angie I have both now as well. I don’t see any conflicts as of yet. If there isn’t any then I’ll keep the SE. What the heck it was a bonus although limited.

Can any of the mods or anyone more acquainted w/the function buttons please point me on where and if I can edit a post so as not to double post? I used it up above, but now can’t remember how I did it. All I see is the Edit Tags button. Thnx.